Consultant, BioPharma Strategy, DRG Consulting
DRG Consulting, part of Clarivate, provides advisory and management consulting services to industry leading and emerging pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies. We combine deep domain expertise and data driven analysis to deliver relevant insights and customized, actionable solutions for our clients in the areas of new product planning, commercial strategy and pricing & market access.
We are seeking an experienced Consultant to join our New Product Planning and Commercial Strategy practice to serve as a critical member of project teams by providing analytical insight, leadership and creativity to client engagements, business development efforts and internal initiatives. Consultants work alongside senior members of the team to define engagements, build work plans and develop deliverables with robust and valuable recommendations that are vital to ensuring our clients acheive success.
- Lead and execute various primary and secondary research efforts needed for projects
- Conduct qualitative research through desktop research and interviews with KOLs, physicians, providers, payors and industry knowledge experts to obtain insights and data relevant to client engagements
- Perform quantitative analysis (e.g., financial modeling, data manipulation, claims analysis) to develop accurate product and market forecasts (e.g., sales projections, size of market, etc.)
- Synthesize large amounts of data into discrete stories and assumptions to determine the “so-what” for clients
- Contribute to brainstorming and framework development to address key client strategic needs
- Produce quality client deliverables including PowerPoint presentations, reports, white papers, etc.
- Engage on multiple client projects, effectively manage time commitments, and assume greater leadership and project management responsibilities over time
- Review the work of more junior team members and help in their development by providing learning and skills development opportunities
- Support senior team members with opportunistic business development efforts including greenfield research and developing proposals and pitch books
- Contribute to the social environment by executing assigned firm-building activities including knowledge management, internal training sessions and assisting with recruiting top talent
- BA/BS in a life science or business related field is required; MS, MBA, PhD preferred
- At least three years of relevant consulting or advisory experience within the life sciences/biopharma
- Experience with one or more of the following domain areas: Pricing & Market Access, Commercial Strategy, or New Product Planning within the life sciences
- Proficiency across various consulting and research methodologies, including the execution of quantitative and qualitative analysis, primary & secondary research, and analytic modeling and forecasting
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills including in-person and virtual presentations, meeting/workshop facilitation and business writing
- Excellent project and time management skills with the ability to work with colleagues across the organization
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic and ability to thrive in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Experienced with all Microsoft Office products is critical, especially PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook
- Majority of the team is based in the Boston area, but open to candidates across locations, ideally east coast
Clarivate offers a rich benefits package including competitive compensation, medical, dental, 401k and life insurance options from first day of employment. We also offer an employee discount program and multiple other incentive programs. Various locations provide other perks including healthy snacks and beverages, team lunches, weekly trivia contests, holiday parties, etc.
Clarivate™ is a global leader in providing solutions to accelerate the lifecycle of innovation. Our bold mission is to help customers solve some of the world’s most complex problems by providing actionable information and insights that reduce the time from new ideas to life-changing inventions in the areas of science and intellectual property. We help customers discover, protect and commercialize their inventions using our trusted subscription and technology-based solutions coupled with deep domain expertise. Our portfolio consists of some of the world’s most trusted information brands, including Web of Science™, Cortellis™, Derwent™, DRG™, CompuMark™, MarkMonitor™ and Techstreet™ among others.