Principal Consultant (London or Manchester)
- Sep 10, 2018
- London, England
Decision Resources Group (DRG) offers best-in-class, high-value data, analytics, insights and advisory products and services to the healthcare industry. Delivered by more than 1000 employees across 15 offices in North America, Europe and Asia, DRG provides Life Sciences, Provider and Payer customers the data, tools, insights and advice they need to compete and thrive in an increasingly complex and value-based marketplace.
DRG Consulting (DRGC) is the trusted partner for navigating the complex global healthcare environment with forward-thinking perspectives. With commitment to genuine client collaboration, we combine deep domain expertise and data driven analysis to deliver relevant insights and customized, actionable solutions for our clients in the areas of new product planning, commercial strategy and pricing & market access.
DRGC‘s 80+ consultants have access to over 200 domain experts and the full spectrum of DRG data and information assets, which we leverage on a per-project basis to deliver bespoke and actionable solutions to our clients. The unique combination of DRGC capabilities and underlying DRG support structure provides us with the ability to support clients with solutions that strike the balance of experience, quality, speed and value.
DRGC have completed over 950 successful projects since 2012, generating annual revenue in excess of $20 million. 75% of annual revenue comes from repeat business. With ambitious plans for global growth, we are fully committed to increasing DRGC’s headcount by 50% over the coming years.
A Principal with the Decision Resources Group Consulting team will be responsible for helping to grow the consulting practice by delivering on project work and leading multiple client engagements. A Principal is expected to interact with senior client executives to identify and sell consulting projects and to lead internal teams to deliver the work. In addition, this individual will be expected to mold the culture of the consulting team, while supporting intellectual capital platforms.
Summary of Position / Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead delivery of large, complex engagements while elevating analysis and infusing client-centric depth to project deliverables
- Manage solid client relationships and deliver $1-2m of proposal work or upsell driven sales per year
- Support planning and execution by ensuring alignment of project delivery to client needs and objectives, as well as managing project cost structure and margin
- Stay abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client's business and establish strong industry network
- Demonstrate commitment to personal and professional development through trainings and unstructured learnings
- Inspire and motivate teams to help grow and retain talent through coaching at all levels
- Contribute to the social environment by executing assigned firm-building activities and assisting with recruiting top talent
You will already be a proven leader within a pricing, reimbursement and access consulting environment with an excellent & clearly defined career track record including promotions within the same organisation
- Currently employed as a senior client-facing management consultant, with >10 years of combined experience in market research and management consulting, of which at least 3-4 years have been in consulting
- Specialisation in pharmaceutical pricing, reimbursement and market access issues, including but not limited to stakeholder and market landscape mapping, P&MA process and fund flow analysis, value proposition development, pricing and market access strategy, value dossier and evidence planning, contracting strategy and negotiation planning and stakeholder engagement tool design and deployment across Europe and major Emerging Markets, combined with a working knowledge of US, Canada and Japan pricing, reimbursement and market access environment and issues
- Extensive project management experience across small (2 to 3) and large (6 to 10) sized project teams, and a range of project sizes (i.e., US$100K to US$1M)
- Experience hiring, managing and coaching / mentoring direct reports, with a span of at least 3 to 6 direct reports in latest role
- Experience developing PMA-related intellectual property for publication and dissemination into public domain as part of pre-BD activities
- Responsible for client or key account management and pro-active business development, with evidence of sustained client relationships over time and a potential book of business
- Strong working knowledge of at least 3 to 4 high-interest therapy areas such as oncology, neurology, diabetes, auto-immune disease and metabolism.
- Experience working in an international environment which includes the US and Europe, and should be comfortable communicating and engaging with clients from diverse countries and cultures
- Ability to be forward thinking and have a vision for where the business will be in five years’ time
- Self-starter with enthusiasm and confidence; sees opportunities and takes the initiative to accomplish more than what has been asked
- Intellectually curious; a creative and imaginative problem solver who demonstrates passion, patience, persistence and resilience to see things through
- Team player with outstanding relationship building and influencing skills; enjoys working in a collaborative manner in an open, honest, and diverse environment
- Natural leadership capability with the ability to motivate and empathise with others
- Commercial acumen and a recognised and respected thought leader
Highly competitive compensation, bonus and benefits package.
Job grade: Grade 10 / Management 5