Principal & Practice Leader, MedTech Consulting
Clarivate™ is a global leader in providing solutions to accelerate the lifecycle of innovation. Our bold mission is to help customers solve some of the world’s most complex problems by providing actionable information and insights that reduce the time from new ideas to life-changing inventions in the areas of science and intellectual property. We help customers discover, protect and commercialize their inventions using our trusted subscription and technology-based solutions coupled with deep domain expertise. Our portfolio consists of some of the world’s most trusted information brands, including Web of Science™, Cortellis™, Derwent™, DRG™, CompuMark™, MarkMonitor™ and Techstreet™ among others.
We now have more than 8,500 colleagues in over 40 countries worldwide, and we work with over 200 partners to deliver value and success for our customers. Join the team that is improving the way the world creates, protects, and advances innovation.
Principals at DRG Consulting, part of Clarivate, serve as key members of the internal leadership team and play a critical and vital role on client engagements and firm initiatives. Principals may work across our Life Sciences or MedTech consulting practices or specialize in one or more of the following domain areas: Pricing & Market Access, Commercial Strategy, and New Product Planning.
Principals are responsible for helping to grow their practice areas by delivering on project work and leading multiple client engagements. A Principal is expected to interact with senior client executives to opportunistically identify and sell consulting projects and to lead internal teams delivering the work, in our “seller-doer” model. In addition, Principals will be expected to help mold the culture of the consulting team, while supporting intellectual capital platforms.
We are seeking an experienced consulting leader to serve as the Practice Leader for MedTech within DRG Consulting.
- Lead and manage the delivery of client engagements while elevating analysis and infusing client-centric depth to project deliverables, with a specific emphasis on the MedTech vertical
- Support project planning and execution by ensuring alignment of project delivery to client needs and objectives, as well as managing project cost structure and margin
- Lead and guide engagement work plans including oversight of primary/secondary research, qualitative research, and quantitative analysis to obtain key insights and findings for clients
- Oversee the work of fellow team members across multiple MedTech engagements of various scales and scopes
- Manage, grow and develop client relationships in order to deliver significant business development (i.e. $1-2M) through proposals, upselling/cross-selling existing clients and accounts, and via new client generation
- Maintain and enhance MedTech expertise to apply during client engagements, thought leadership initiatives and business development efforts
- Stay abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to our clients’ businesses within the MedTech vertical
- Inspire and motivate the MedTech consulting team to help grow and retain talent through coaching and development at all levels
- Demonstrate commitment to personal and professional development through trainings, unstructured learnings, workshops and conferences
- Contribute to the social environment by executing assigned firm-building activities including knowledge management, internal training sessions and assisting with recruiting top talent
- Serve as the face of DRGC and the MedTech practice during external networking events, conferences, workshops, etc.
- Currently employed as a senior client-facing management consultant, with 8 to 10 years of combined experience in market research and consulting, of which at least 5 years have been in MedTech Consulting
- Specialization or spikes in one or more of the following domain areas: Pricing & Market Access, New Product Planning, Commercial Strategy
- Extensive project management experience across small-medium-large sized project/case teams, and a range of project scopes and sizes (i.e., $50K to $1M+)
- Proven ability to generate project revenue and actively manage key account relationships
- Experience or exposure to practice management and high level day-to-day business operations
- Experience working in an international environment which includes the US and Europe, and should be comfortable communicating and engaging with clients from diverse countries and cultures
- Experience and ability to hire, lead, coach and mentor multiple direct reports
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with all Microsoft Office Suite products is critical, especially PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook
- BA/BS in a life science or business-related field is required; MS/MPH/MBA/PhD preferred
- Strong desire for role to be based in Toronto, but open to other geographic locations
We offer a rich benefits package including competitive compensation, medical, dental, 401k and life insurance options from first day of employment. We also offer an employee discount program and multiple other incentive programs. Various locations provide other perks including healthy snacks and beverages, team lunches, weekly trivia contests, holiday parties, etc.
It is the policy of Clarivate to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Clarivate will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.