While the incidence of gastric and GEJ adenocarcinoma continues to rise, efficacious treatment options, especially in the previously treated metastatic setting, remain limited. Cyramza (Eli Lilly) and cytotoxic therapies are the mainstays of treatment, and new therapies, including Keytruda (Merck & Co.) and Lonsurf (Taiho Oncology), have recently been added to the armamentarium. Several new therapies, spanning novel drug classes, are in development, and if they can demonstrate greater survival benefits than the current standards of care, they could reap significant commercial rewards. The substantial unmet need for therapeutic management of previously treated metastatic gastric and GEJ adenocarcinoma with more-efficacious and well-tolerated novel therapies presents an attractive opportunity for drug developers.
- What are the treatment drivers and goals for previously treated metastatic gastric and GEJ adenocarcinoma?
- What attributes are key influencers, which have limited impact, and which are hidden opportunities for drug developers?
- How do current therapies perform on key treatment drivers and goals for metastatic gastric and GEJ adenocarcinoma?
- What are the prevailing areas of unmet need and opportunity in previously treated metastatic gastric and GEJ adenocarcinoma?
Unmet Need supports clinical development decisions by identifying key attributes and assessing areas of unmet need for a specific disease or subpopulation. Based on surveys with U.S. and European physicians, this report provides insight into key treatment drivers and goals, the performance of current therapies, and the remaining commercial opportunities. One market scenario is profiled in detail by DRG experts, and additional customized market scenarios can be evaluated with the corresponding TPP simulator.
Markets covered: United States, United Kingdom, France, Germany.
Primary research: Survey of 60 U.S. and 31 European medical oncologists.
Key drugs: Herceptin, Cyramza, Keytruda, Lonsurf.
- Gastroesophageal Cancer - Unmet Need - Detailed, Expanded Analysis (US & EU) Previously Treated Metastatic Gastric And Gastroesophageal Junction (GEJ) Adenocarcinoma
Author(s): Snigdha Gupta, Ph.D
Dr. Snigdha Gupta is a Lead Analyst in the oncology team at Decision Resources Group with expertise in multiple oncology indications including non-small cell lung cancer and multiple myeloma.
Prior to joining DRG, Dr. Snigdha Gupta was a subject matter expert in immune-oncology, autoimmunity and dealt in generating in-depth framework based scientific analyses for client projects. In her previous organizations, she was involved in the planning and execution of the IND enabling preclinical studies. She has been instrumental in the stage-up of two small molecules at Bioxcel Therapeutics and Daiichi Sankyo Pharma India Pvt. Ltd. Dr. Gupta holds Ph.D. in infectious diseases from the Indian Institute of Chemical Biology, Jadavpur University, Kolkata while her post-doctoral fellowship is from the Mucosal immunology labs of National Institute of Immunology, New Delhi.