Triple-negative breast cancer (TNBC) is a patient population with high unmet need given the poor outcomes associated with current treatment options and the historic lack of targeted therapies available. The treatment landscape has evolved in recent years with the approval of PARP inhibitors Lynparza and Talzenna for patients with germline BRCA mutations and Tecentriq plus Abraxane for PD-L1-positive patients. Despite the availability of new therapies, significant clinical and commercial opportunity remains for the development of targeted and/or immune-based therapies to improve survival outcomes. Our unmet need module analyzes the key drivers of prescribing and assesses how emerging therapies may capitalize on these opportunities.
- What are the key drivers that are most likely to influence treatment uptake for advanced / metastatic TNBC?
- How do current therapies perform on key treatment drivers and goals for advanced / metastatic TNBC?
- What are the prevailing areas of unmet need and opportunities in advanced / metastatic TNBC?
- What trade-offs across different clinical attributes and price are acceptable to U.S. and European medical oncologists for a hypothetical therapy in newly diagnosed advanced / metastatic TNBC?
Unmet Need supports clinical development decisions by identifying key attributes and assessing areas of unmet need for a specific disease or subpopulation. Based on surveys with U.S. and European physicians, this report provides insight into key treatment drivers and goals, the performance of current therapies, and the remaining commercial opportunities. Two market scenarios are profiled in detail by DRG experts, and additional customized market scenarios can be evaluated with the corresponding TPP simulator.
Markets covered: United States, United Kingdom, France, Germany
Primary research: Survey of 60 U.S. and 30 European medical oncologists fielded in May 2019.
Key companies: Roche / Genentech, Celgene, AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Eisai.
Key drugs: Tecentriq, Abraxane, Lynparza, Talzenna, Halaven, Avastin.
- Breast Cancer - Unmet Need - Detailed, Expanded Analysis: Advanced/Metastatic Triple-Negative Breast Cancer
Author(s): Priti Girotra, M.Pharm., Ph.D
Priti Girotra, M.Pharm., Ph.D., is an analyst in the oncology team at Decision Resources Group and has authored insightful content on multiple indications including Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer, Colorectal Cancer, Gastroesophageal Cancer, Malignant Melanoma, and Multiple Myeloma. Prior to joining DRG, Dr. Girotra conducted her Ph.D. research on formulation optimization of nanoparticles containing triptan derivatives for effective brain targeting and therapeutic management of migraine, under a DST-INSPIRE Fellowship at G.J. University of Science & Technology, Hisar, India.