TreatmentTrends® are syndicated report series that provide information on market dynamics. They provide insight into practice patterns, attitudes and perceptions, and current and projected use of various products. They evaluate perceived needs, controversies, and perceived product advantages and disadvantages. This report will focus on the management of acute kidney injury in the US.
Questions Answered in This Report:
- Understand the AKI patient load
- How many patients are physicians treating with AKI?
- What are the common underlying causes of AKI?
- What percent of patients present with AKI vs. acquire in the hospital?
- Understand the diagnosis and standard of care for patients with AKI and how therapy decisions differ based on presentation
- Main challenges faced in the management of AKI
- Use of RIFLE, AKIN and KDIGO AKI guidelines
- Use of biomarkers to diagnose
- Renal replacement therapy
- Other treatments
- Understand the satisfaction with current diagnosis and treatment, challenges with diagnosis and treatment, and the unmet needs in the management of patients with AKI
- Understand perceptions and beliefs about the diagnosis and treatment of AKI
- Can the high mortality associated with AKI be improved with earlier diagnosis?
- Is the high mortality rate due to the underlying cause or to AKI itself?
- Is AKI a risk factor for chronic kidney disease?
Sample Frame & Methodology:
45 minute online quantitative survey with several open-ended questions for qualitative feedback completed by 100 Nephrologists, and 50 Critical Care physicians in the US
- In practice between 2 and 30 years
- More than 75% of professional time spent devoted to direct patient care
- Have treated at least 50 patients with AKI in the past year
Products Mentioned in Development:
- AbbVie’s ABT-719 / Action Pharma’s AP214 / Zealand Pharma’s ZP1480; Stealth Peptides Bendavia (MTP-131); Quark Phar-maceuticals (QPI-1002); AlloCure (AC-607; and Thrasos Therapeutics (THR-184)
- Final report in Powerpoint format
- Complete set of frequency tables, summary statistics, and cross tabulations
- Proprietary question slide deck and frequency tables
- Clients purchasing prior to fielding have the opportunity to include up to three proprietary questions
- Responses to proprietary questions will be provided only to those sponsors and will not be included in the syndicated version of the report but provided under separate cover
- TreatmentTrends®: Nephrology (US)
- CKD Pharmacor
- ChartTrends®: Bone and Mineral Metabolism in Dialysis (US)
- ChartTrends®: Renal Anemia in Dialysis (US)
- ChartTrends®: Bone and Mineral Metabolism in CKD-ND (US)
- ChartTrends®: Renal Anemia in CKD-ND (US)