This report will focus on the impact of new iron-based binders in the U.S. hyperphosphatemia market.
Questions Answered in This Report:
- - Evaluate awareness (aided/unaided), interest, and initial reaction to new iron based phosphate binders: Velphoro and Zerenex
- What are the primary advantages and disadvantages?
- What is the perception of these phosphate binders?
- - Identify the expected placement of Velphoro and Zerenex in the physicians’ treatment algorithm for hyperphosphatemia, and the likely uptake of these products.
- As a result of an iron-based phosphate binder, will nephrologists use less ESAs / IV iron?
- Are these likely to be first line products or will patients be switched from another binder?
- Which phosphate binders will be offset by these products?
- Are there particular patient types appropriate for iron based binders compared to the other phosphate binders?
- Which currently available binders (calcium, sevelamer, lanthanum) if any, are likely to be displaced by these new iron-based binders?
- How do nephrologists perceive Velphoro and Zerenex and are how are these products perceived to be different?
- - Identify the obstacles to growth for Velphoro and Zerenex
- How will the availability of non-calcium generics impact the market and the uptake of these new binders?
- What are the likely largest barriers to uptake for these products?
- 45 minute online quantitative survey with several open-ended questions for qualitative feedback completed by 102 Nephrologists in the US
To qualify, respondents must meet the following criteria:
- In practice between 2 and 30 years
- Minimum of 50 dialysis and100 CKD-ND (Stage 3 and 4) patients under management
- 102 U.S. nephrologists and 5 U.S. qualitative interviews
- Renvela (sevelamer carbonate), Renagel (sevelamer hydrochloride), Fosrenol (lanthanum carbonate), PhosLo/calcium acetate generics, Zerenex (ferric citrate), Velphoro (sucroferric oxyhydroxide),
Key Companies Mentioned:
- Fresenius, Keryx Biopharmaceuticals, Sanofi, Shire, Vifor Pharma, And more
- Final report in Powerpoint format
- Complete set of frequency tables, summary statistics, and cross tabulations can be provided upon request
- Proprietary question slide deck: Clients purchasing report prior to fielding will have the opportunity to include up to three proprietary questions
- TreatmentTrends®: Nephrology (US)
- DecisionBase: Hyperphosphatemia
- ChartTrends®: Bone and Mineral Metabolism in Dialysis (US)
- ChartTrends®: Bone and Mineral Metabolism in CKD-ND (US)
- ChartTrends®: Bone and Mineral Metabolism (EU5)
- ChartTrends®: Renal Anemia in Dialysis (US)
- ChartTrends®: Renal Anemia in CKD (US)
- ChartTrends®: Renal Anemia (EU5)
- ChartTrends®: Renal Anemia in CKD-ND (China)
- ChartTrends®: Nephrology (Latin America)
- Pharmacor®: CKD (G7)