Chemotherapy has formed the backbone of oncology treatment for decades, and it continues to remain a critical cornerstone of antineoplastic drug therapy. The chemotherapy market is heavily genericized and comprises various drug classes such as taxanes, antimetabolites, and platinum agents. With the advance of targeted therapies and immunotherapies in oncology, the chemotherapy market is also evolving as drug developers aim to incorporate these agents into combination strategies and investigate novel formulations in an effort to improve treatment efficacy and reduce treatment-related side effects. The Chemotherapy Special Topics report provides a comprehensive market forecast of select chemotherapy drugs and drug classes in oncology and analyses the market trends and dynamics across a range of oncology indications.
- What does the current landscape look like for key chemotherapy drugs and drug classes? What are the overarching trends in each indication?
- How are chemotherapy agents currently positioned in the market? And how will the indication-specific market trends and dynamics evolve for these key drugs and drug classes?
- What is the commercial potential of current and emerging chemotherapy agents? How will the market evolve over the forecast period?
- Which novel chemotherapy agents are in clinical development, and what impact can they expect to have in this fast-evolving space?
United States, EU5, Japan
Drug-treated patient populations by country and line of therapy for 12 solid tumor indications (bladder cancer, breast cancer, colorectal cancer, gastroesophageal cancer, hepatocellular carcinoma, malignant melanoma, NSCLC, ovarian cancer, pancreatic cancer, prostate cancer, SCCHN and SCLC)) and three hematological malignancies (AML, NHL / CLL, and multiple myeloma).
10-year, annualized, class-level and drug-level sales for chemotherapies through 2028 or 2029, segmented by indication and patient subpopulations.
The Chemotherapy Special Topics report offers a comprehensive market forecast for the chemotherapy landscape in relevant oncology indications through 2028-2029.
- Chemotherapy - Special Topics - Special Topics (G7)
- Special Topics Chemotherapy US, EU5, Japan November 2020
Author(s): Priyanka Mehra, B.Tech; Pragati Tripathi
Priyanka Mehra is a Business Insights Analyst in the oncology team at Decision Resources Group. She has 5+ years of work experience in pharmaceutical research and analytics, involving management and execution of various strategic analysis projects across multiple oncology indications, secondary and primary research and competitive intelligence. Previously, she worked as an Associate Consultant with Prescient Healthcare Group where she handled Biosimilars projects for global pharmaceutical clients and designed brand and commercial strategy solutions on a variety of therapy areas, including oncology, immunology and inflammatory diseases. Prior to Prescient, she worked as a Senior Analyst with Smart Analyst where she worked on indication prioritization and clinical landscapes for major oncology indications such as NHL, NSCLC and CRC. She has also worked as a Senior Analyst with BioXcel Corporation where she was involved with projects on clinical trials and pipeline analysis, performance benchmarking, scouting and product profiling.