The COPD therapy market is a crowded space in which several LAMAs (e.g., Boehringer Ingelheim’s Spiriva, AstraZeneca’s Tudorza), LABA/ICSFDCs (e.g., GlaxoSmithKline’s Advair and Breo, AstraZeneca’s Symbicort, Merck’s Dulera [off-label in COPD]), and LABA/LAMAs (e.g., GlaxoSmithKline’s Anoro, Boehringer Ingelheim’s Stiolto, AstraZeneca’s Bevespi, Sunovion’s Utibron) compete for a share of the maintenance market. Likewise, several short-acting inhaled therapies contend for a share of the acute COPD market, (e.g., Teva’s ProAir, GlaxoSmithKline’s Ventolin, Boehringer Ingelheim’s Combivent). The market is expected to become even more competitive in the next several years, given the recent and upcoming approvals of triple LABA/LAMA/ICS combinations (e.g., GlaxoSmithKline’s Trelegy), the recent and upcoming approvals of additional nebulized LAMAs, and the potential launch of the first COPD biologics, making brand differentiation and understanding of key patient characteristics even more critical for marketers.
- What are the demographic characteristics and clinical profiles of COPD patients receiving maintenance treatment with LABA/ICSFDCs, LAMAs, and LABA/LAMAFDCs?
- What are the key risk factors, comorbidities, and coprescribed therapies by patient segment for COPD?
- How do patient cohorts for COPD compare in care utilization and outcomes (physician visits and other healthcare encounters)?
- What type of insurance do COPD patients have?
- What are the reimbursed and out-of-pocket costs?
- What provider specialties are associated with COPD patient claims?
Patient Profiler provides disease-specific, patient-level analysis of the key demographic, clinical, and cost-based metrics underlying brand use, all sourced with DRG’s comprehensive real-world data (RWD) repository.
Markets covered: United States
Real World Data: U.S. electronic health records and claims data.
Key drugs covered: Spiriva, Tudorza, Incruse, Brovana, Advair, Symbicort, Dulera, Breo, Anoro, Stiolto, Utibron, Bevespi, Combivent, ProAir, Ventolin
Key analysis provided:
- Patient demographics.
- Disease-specific lab tests and values.
- Risk factors and comorbidities.
- Coprescribing and adjunct therapy prescribing for comorbid conditions.
- Type of insurance and reimbursement/cost analysis.
- Utilization of care and physician and prescriber demographics.
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease - Current Treatment - Detailed, Expanded Analysis Patient Profiler (US)
Author(s): Elena Kozhemyakina, PhD
Elena Kozhemyakina, PhD, is a Senior Business Insight Analyst at Decision Resources, Inc., specializing in pharmaceutical market analysis of the immune system disorders with expertise in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, asthma, Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis.
Prior to joining Decision Resources, Dr. Kozhemyakina completed a postdoctoral fellowship at Harvard Medical School, where she investigated molecular mechanisms involved in limb patterning, cartilage formation and pathogenesis of osteoarthritis. She published multiple peer-reviewed papers focused on molecular signalling of developmental disorders.