LaunchTrends®: Xofigo is a series of three post-launch syndicated reports designed to track physician perception, uptake, and the competitive environment of newly launched Xofigo (Algeta/Bayer HealthCare’s radium-223).
LaunchTrends®: Xofigo measures the impact of this new agent on the metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC) market following launch, based on a blend of quantitative and qualitative primary research with U.S. medical oncologists. These reports evaluate physicians’ current awareness and perception of Xofigo relative to other currently available therapies for mCRPC, current and anticipated use of Xofigo, and promotional activity of Xofigo.
Questions Answered in This Report:
- What are physicians aided and unaided awareness of, and familiarity with, Xofigo?
- To what extent is Xofigo currently being used among surveyed physicians?
- What is surveyed physicians’ level of satisfaction with Xofigo?
- What are Xofigo’s perceived advantages and disadvantages relative to other currently available therapies for mCRPC?
- How will the complexities associated with prescribing a radiopharmaceutical impact Xofigo?
- What promotional messages are being employed by Algeta/Bayer HealthCare?
Sample Frame & Methodology:
~80 medical oncologists complete a 45-minute online quantitative survey with several open-ended questions for qualitative feedback. In addition, ~10 physicians participate in a 30-minute qualitative interview.
To qualify, surveyed respondents must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum of 10 mCRPC patients under their personal management per month
- Have been in practice a minimum of 2 years and a maximum of 30 years
- More than 75% of professional time spent in clinical practice (academic hospital setting allowed 50% practice time)
Wave 1: August 2013
Wave 2: February 2014
Wave 3: August 2014
Key Drugs Covered:
Xofigo, Xtandi, Zytiga, Jevtana, Provenge, docetaxel
Key Comapnaies Mentioned:
- Bayer HealthCare
- Astellas Pharma
- Johnson & Johnson
- Final report in powerpoint format
- Access to author
Related Reports and Products:
- Pharmacor®: Prostate Cancer
- Pharmacor®: Immunotherapies
- PatientBase®: Prostate Cancer in G7, Brazil, Russia, India, China, Mexico, Turkey, and South Korea
- DecisionBase®: Prostate Cancer (Metastatic Castrate Resistant)
- Physician and Payer Forum® (EU5): The Metastatic Castrate-Resistant Prostate Cancer Patient Journey