LaunchTrends: Gilotrif is a series of three post-launch syndicated reports designed to track physician perception and uptake of newly launched Gilotrif (Boehringer Ingelheim’s afatinib).
LaunchTrends: Gilotrif measures the impact of this novel agent on the metastatic non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) market following launch. The study surveyed medical oncologists from the United States and conducted qualitative interviews with physicians. These reports evaluate physicians’ current awareness and perception of Gilotrif relative to other currently available therapies for metastatic NSCLC, current and anticipated usage of Gilotrif, as well as promotional activity of Gilotrif.
Questions Answered in This Report:
- What is the awareness of and familiarity with Gilotrif among medical oncologists?
- What are the perceived clinical advantages and disadvantages of Gilotrif compared to other marketed agents used in NSCLC?
- To what extent is Gilotrif currently being used among surveyed physicians? What reasons do non-prescribers give for not having prescribed Gilotrif?
- What promotional messages are being employed by Boehringer Ingelheim?
- How are medical oncologists implementing biomarker testing associated with Gilotrif?
~75 medical oncologists complete a 45-minute online quantitative survey with several open-ended questions for qualitative feedback, supported by in-depth 30-minute qualitative interviews.
To qualify, respondents must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum of 30 NSCLC patients under their management per month and must treat metastatic NSCLC
- Have been in practice a minimum of 2 years and a maximum of 30 years
- More than 75 percent of professional time spent in clinical practice (academic hospital setting allowed 50 percent practice time)
- Final report in PowerPoint format
- Access to author
Key Drugs Covered:
Gilotrif, Tarceva, Alimta, Avastin, Xalkori
Key Companies Mentioned:
- Boehringer Ingleheim
- Eli Lilly
- Pharmacor®: NSCLC
- Pharmacor®: Biomarker-Driven Prescribing in Oncology
- Pharmacor®: Immunotherapies
- DecisionBase®: NSCLC (Advanced/metastatic EGFR-mutated)
- DecisionBase®: NSCLC (Advanced/metastatic EGFR-wild type/untested)
- PatientBase® : NSCLC (mature and emerging markets)
- Physician and Payer Forum®: Biomarker-Driven Prescribing in Oncology(U.S.; EU; Latin America)
- Physician and Payer Forum®: Getting to market quicker: U.S. Physician and Payer Perceptions of Breakthrough Designation for Malignant Mela-noma; Breast Cancer; NSCLC; CLL; Multiple Myeloma