LaunchTrends®: Perjeta and Kadcyla is a series of four post-launch syndicated reports designed to track physician perception and uptake of newly launched Perjeta (Roche/Genentech’s pertuzumab) and Kadcyla (Roche/Genentech’s ado-trastuzumab emtansine [T-DM1]).
LaunchTrends®: Perjeta and Kadcyla measures the impact of these new agents on the HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer market following launch. The study surveyed medical oncologists from the United States and conducted qualitative interviews with physicians. These reports evaluate physicians’ current awareness and perception of Perjeta and Kadcyla relative to other currently available therapies for HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer, current and anticipated usage of Perjeta and Kadcyla and promotional activity of Perjeta and Kadcyla.
Questions Answered in This Report:
- What is the awareness of, and familiarity with, Perjeta and Kadcyla among medical oncologists?
- What are the perceived clinical advantages and disadvantages of Perjeta and Kadcyla compared to other marketed agents used in HER2-posiitve metastatic breast cancer?
- To what extent is Perjeta and Kadcyla currently being used by surveyed physicians? What reasons do non-prescribers give for not having prescribed Perjeta and Kadcyla?
- Where will Perjeta and Kadcyla fit into the treatment algorithm for patients with HER2-posiitve metastatic breast cancer?
- What promotional messages are being employed by Roche/Genentech?
100 medical oncologists complete a 45-minute online quantitative survey with several open-ended questions for qualitative feedback. In addition, 15 surveyed specialists participate in a 30-minute qualitative interview.
To qualify, respondents must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum of 20 patients with breast cancer under management
- Have been in practice a minimum of 2 years and a maximum of 30 years
- More than 75% of professional time spent in clinical practice
- Final report in PowerPoint format
- Access to author
Key Drugs Covered:
Perjeta, Kadcyla, Herceptin, Tykerb
Key Companies Mentioned:
- Pharmacor®: Breast Cancer
- DecisionBase®: Advanced/Metastatic Triple-Negative Breast Cancer
- US Physician and Payer Forum®: Targeted Agents in Breast Cancer
- EU Physician and Payer Forum®: Biomarker Prescribing in Oncology
- US Physician and Payer Forum®: Biomarker Prescribing in Oncology
- PatientBase®: Breast Cancer in the Major Markets
- PatientBase®: Breast Cancer in Emerging Markets
- Market Access Tracker®