This LaunchTrends report series will track the post-launch awareness, trial, and usage of Apremilast (Otezla) among rheumatologists for the treatment of Psoriatic Arthritis. Three waves of the syndicated report will assess physician perceptions at one month, six months and one year after the launch of Apremilast. The reports will further explore where Apremilast is being placed in the treatment algorithm and in which patient types, strengths and weaknesses of the product profile compared to other agents, and the overall impact of the launch on the market landscape.
Questions Answered in This Report:
- What is the awareness (aided/unaided), level of familiarity and usage of Apremilast?
- What are the demographic characteristics of Apremilast users?
- Among users, at what point in the treatment algorithm and for which patients are they prescribing the product?
- Is Apremilast competing with TNF inhibitors for first-line biologic use? Or is it being relegated to later lines of therapy?
- How do physicians anticipate their usage of Apremilast to change going forward?
- What messages do physicians recall for the promotion of Apremilast?
- Promotionally speaking, how is the manufacturer positioning their product in the marketplace vs. other products?
~75-100 Rheumatologists complete a 30-minute online quantitative sur-vey with several open-ended questions for qualitative feedback. In addi-tion, ten surveyed specialists participate in a 30-minute qualitative inter-view.
To qualify, repondents must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum of 50 PsA patients under management
- Minimum of 25 PsA patients treated with a biologic
- Have been in practice a minimum of two years and a maximum of 30 years
- More than 75 percent of professional time spent in clinical practice -
- Final report in PowerPoint format
- Complete set of frequency tables, summary statistics, and cross tabulations can be provided upon request
- Transcripts of qualitative interviews can be provided upon request
- Proprietary question slide deck: Clients purchasing report prior to fielding will have the opportunity to include up to three proprietary questions in each wave
- 75 rheumatologists for the first two waves
- 100 rheumatologists for the third wave
Key Drugs Covered:
- Cimzia, Enbrel, Humira, Orencia, Remicade, Rituxan, Simponi, Stelara, Apremilast
Key Companies Mentioned:
- Celgene, Janssen, Amgen, AbbVie, and UCB
LaunchTrends®: Stelara (US), Psoriatic Arthritis
DecisionBase®: Psoriatic Arthritis
Pharmacor®: Psoriatic Arthritis
PatientBase®: Psoriatic Arthritis in G7
PatientBase®: Psoriatic Arthritis in Mexico
PatientBase®: Psoriatic Arthritis in Turkey
PatientBase®: Psoriatic Arthritis in South Korea
PatientBase®: Psoriatic Arthritis in Brazil
PatientBase®: Psoriatic Arthritis in Russia
PatientBase®: Psoriatic Arthritis in India
PatientBase®: Psoriatic Arthritis in China