This three-wave LaunchTrends report series will track the post-launch awareness, trial, and usage of Anoro Ellipta among pulmonologists for the treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) in the United States. The syndicated primary research reports will examine physician perceptions at one month, six months and one year following the commercial availability of Anoro Ellipta. The reports will also investigate where Anoro Ellipta will fit into the treatment algorithm, likely patient candidates, perceived advantages and disadvantages of the product and GlaxoSmithKline’s promotional efforts.
Questions Answered in This Report:
- What percent of surveyed U.S. pulmonologists have prescribed Anoro Ellipta?
- What are the demographic characteristics of Anoro Ellipta prescribers?
- What is the awareness (aided/unaided), level of familiarity and usage of Anoro Ellipta among U.S. pulmonologists?
- What are the perceived advantages and disadvantages (unaided) of Anoro Ellipta?
- Among prescribers, at what point in the treatment algorithm and for which patients are they prescribing Anoro Ellipta?
- What are the current prescribing trends for COPD, and how do pulmonologists anticipate they will change over the next six months?
- What promotional messages and activities is GlaxoSmithKline employing to ramp up for the launch of Anoro Ellipta?
~75-100 Rheumatologists complete a 30-minute online quantitative survey with several open-ended questions for qualitative feedback. In addition, ten surveyed specialists participate in a 30-minute qualitative interview.
To qualify, repondents must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum of 50 COPD patients under management
- Minimum of 25 COPD patients treated with a biologic
- Have been in practice a minimum of two years and a maximum of 30 years
- More than 75 percent of professional time spent in clinical practice -
- Final report in PowerPoint format
- Complete set of frequency tables, summary statistics, and cross tabulations can be provided upon request
- Transcripts of qualitative interviews can be provided upon request
- Proprietary question slide deck: Clients purchasing report prior to fielding will have the opportunity to include up to three proprietary questions in each wave
- 75 rheumatologists for the first two waves
- 100 rheumatologists for the third wave
Key Drugs Covered:
- Anoro Ellipta, Advair, Arcapta, Breo, Spiriva, Symbicort
Key Companies Mentioned:
- GlaxoSmithKline, Almirall, Boehringer Ingelheim, Forest Laboratories, Merck and Novartis
DecisionBase®: Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
Pharmacor®: Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
TreatmentAlgorithms®: Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
PatientBase®: Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease in G7
PatientBase®: Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease in Brazil
PatientBase®: Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease in Russia
PatientBase®: Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease in India
PatientBase®: Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease in China
PatientBase®: Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease in Mexico
PatientBase®: Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease in Turkey
PatientBase®: Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease in South Korea