Primary membranous nephropathy (PMN) is a kidney-specific, progressive, autoimmune disease primarily characterized by high proteinuria. Based on multiple clinical factors, such as proteinuria, PMN patients are generally classified as low, moderate, or high risk. Most patients respond adequately to conservative / supportive treatments and to immunosuppressants; however, there is a significant unmet need for better treatments for patients at high risk of disease progression to end-stage renal disease. The FDA has not approved any therapies for PMN, but the pipeline has several agents with various mechanisms of action in early-phase development.
- How are PMN patients currently managed? What are the key drivers of and barriers to the uptake of current treatments?
- What is the approximate size of the diagnosed PMN population in the United States? Which populations are most affected by PMN?
- What are the key areas of unmet need and opportunity in the treatment of PMN?
- What is the expected impact of novel therapy launches, especially drugs with novel mechanisms of action? How does each current and future player influence the PMN therapy market, and how will this scenario change in the future?
Geography: United States
Primary Research: 3 KOL interviews in June 2020
Key Companies Covered: Apellis, GlaxoSmithKline, Mallinckrodt, MorphoSys, Novartis, Omeros, Roche.
Key Drugs Covered: Acthar gel, belimumab (SC) and rituximab (IV), LNP-023, MOR-202, narsoplimab (OMS-721), pegcetacoplan (APL-2), Rituxan.
Executive Insights provides indication-specific market intelligence with world-class epidemiology, keen insight into current treatment paradigms, biotherapeutic pipelines, key clinical unmet needs, and competitive landscapes, supported by primary and secondary research. This solution provides succinct insights to any biopharma function or business professional looking to quickly grasp a new indication of interest.
- Membranous Nephropathy - Executive Insights - Executive Insights (US)
Author(s): Mohit Nasa, MBA
Mohit Nasa is a Lead Insights analyst on the Immune and Inflammatory team at Decision Resources Group and has authored content for indications like asthma and rheumatoid arthritis.
He holds a Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy and has earned his MBA in marketing and CRM from Amity Business School. Prior to joining DRG, Mohit worked as a Senior Business analyst at Novartis where he was responsible for end to end market assessment, reporting analytics and related projects for Novartis’s asthma brand Xolair. Mohit has also worked as Brand Manager at Ozone pharma and an Account Manager for IMS Health.