Cutaneous lupus erythematosus (CLE) is a heterogeneous inflammatory autoimmune disease affecting the skin; discoid lupus erythematosus (DLE) is the most prevalent subtype of CLE. To date, no FDA-approved treatments are available for the treatment of CLE / DLE. The current treatment landscape involves off-label prescribing of calcineurin inhibitors, antimalarials, immunosuppressants, corticosteroids, and sometimes other drug classes, including biologics (e.g., rituximab, ustekinumab). The CLE pipeline holds an array of therapies with unique mechanisms of action, such as an anti-BDCA2 monoclonal antibody (Biogen’s BIIB059), JAK inhibitors (LEO Pharma’s delgocitinib and Gilead / Galapagos’ filgotinib), and a Syk kinase inhibitor (Gilead / Galapagos’ lanraplenib). If proven efficacious, these agents will enjoy a substantial commercial opportunity because of the high unmet need in this space.
- What are the key areas of unmet need and opportunity in the CLE / DLE market?
- How are patients with CLE / DLE treated?
- What is the approximate size of the diagnosed prevalent CLE and DLE populations in the United States?
- What is the expected impact of novel therapies on the CLE / DLE market?
- What is the current market landscape and how will the landscape change in the in the future ?
- What are the key drivers of and constraints on the CLE market?
United States Primary Research 3 KOL interviews in January 2020
Key COMPANIES Covered
Biogen, LEO Pharma, Gilead, Galapagos
Key Drugs Covered
Hydroxychloroquine, mycophenolate mofetil, Revlimid, BIIB059, delgocitinib, filgotinib, lanraplenib
Executive Insights provides indication-specific market intelligence with world-class epidemiology, keen insight into current treatment paradigms, biotherapeutic pipelines, key clinical unmet needs, and competitive landscapes, supported by primary and secondary research. This solution provides succinct insights to any biopharma function or business professional looking to quickly grasp a new indication of interest.
- Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus - Executive Insights - Executive Insights (US)
- Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus-Executive-Insights
Author(s): Ajay Puri, MBA
Ajay Puri is an Associate Analyst in the Immune and Inflammatory team at Decision Resources Group and works on indications like Ulcerative Colitis, Crohn’s disease, and Systemic Lupus Erythematosus.
He holds a Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy and has earned his MBA (Pharmaceutical) in marketing from NIPER, Mohali. Prior to joining DRG, Ajay worked as a Knowledge Management Associate (Oncology Vertical) at ZS Associates and worked on strategic projects such as competitive assessment, company and product profiling, conference coverage for clients, client specific newsletters and other business development initiatives.