DRG Epidemiology’s coverage of Stargardt disease (STGD) comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in the major mature pharmaceutical markets (the United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom, and Japan). We report both the incidence and prevalence in each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
DRG Epidemiology’s STGD forecast will answer the following questions:
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging, improving life expectancy, and population migration, affect the epidemiology of STGD over the ten-year forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
In addition to the total number of cases for each forecast year, DRG Epidemiology provides at least ten years of forecast data for the following subpopulations:
- Diagnosed incident cases.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed incident cases by visual acuity in the worst eye.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases by visual acuity in the worst eye.
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Stargardt Disease - Epidemiology - Mature Markets
Author(s): Narendra Parihar
Narendra is an associate epidemiologist within the epidemiology team at Decision Resources Group. Narendra specializes in developing epidemiological forecasts for multiple indications within the DRG syndicated portfolio.
His qualifications include an MPH with specialization in Health Policy, Economics and Finance from the Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai, and a Bachelor’s degree in Dentistry from the Rajasthan University of Health Sciences.