DRG Epidemiology’s coverage of diabetic macular edema (DME) comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in 45 countries worldwide. We report the prevalence of DME for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
All patient populations are forecast over a period of 10 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets and other countries covered in this report. In addition to forecasting incident and prevalent patient populations, we estimate the number of drug-treatment opportunities in specific lines of therapy in the major mature pharmaceutical markets.
DRG Epidemiology’s DME forecast will answer the following questions:
- Of all people diagnosed with DME, how many in each of the major mature pharmaceutical markets are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of DME over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
DRG Epidemiology forecasts following DME patient populations:
- Total prevalent cases.
- Total prevalent cases by DR severity.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed drug-treated prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed non-drug-treated prevalent cases.
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Diabetic Macular Edema - Epidemiology - Epidemiology Dashboard
- Epidemiology Dashboard
Author(s): Deepti Sharma, MPH
Deepti started working with Decision Resources Group as an intern in early 2017 and currently works as an associate epidemiologist.She works with a team of global epidemiologists in providing robust forecast estimates for multiple indications.
Deepti holds a Master’s in Public Health degree from PGIMER School of Public Health, and a bachelor’s degree in dental surgery from HP Government Dental College from Himachal Pradesh University, India.