DRG Epidemiology’s coverage of mesothelioma comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in 45 countries worldwide. We report the incidence of mesothelioma for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
All patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets (United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom, and Japan) and 10 years for the other countries covered in this report. In addition to forecasting the incident patient population, we estimate the number of drug-treatment opportunities in the mature markets.
DRG Epidemiology’s mesothelioma forecast will answer the following questions:
- How will changes in the levels of exposure to known risk or protective factors affect the number of people diagnosed with meosthelioma per year?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of mesothelioma over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is provided for full transparency into research and methods.
DRG Epidemiology provides at least ten years of forecast data for the following meothelioma patient population:
- Diagnosed incident cases.
… and many more (details available upon request).
Note: Coverage may vary by country and region.
- Mesothelioma - Epidemiology - Mature Markets Data
- Key Findings
- Diagnosed Incidence of Mesothelioma per 100,000 per Year Among People of All Ages in 2019 and 2039
- Relative Sizes of the Factors Contributing to the Trend in Diagnosed Incident Cases of Mesothelioma over the Next 20 Years
- Number of Diagnosed Incident Cases of Mesothelioma Avoided over 2019-2039 in the Countries Under Study due to Trends in Risk
- Epidemiology Data
- Diagnosed Incident Cases
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Mesothelioma
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of Mesothelioma
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for Mesothelioma
- Literature Review
Author(s): Abey John, MPH
Abey John is a medical graduate with a Master’s in Public Health and has been associated with DRG since September 2015. He works with a global team of epidemiologists in performing systematic reviews of assigned diseases and prepare forecast models for clients. He also is involved in producing analyses for pharmaceutical drug developers on the descriptive epidemiology of major drug indications in mature and developing markets and have an overall experience of three years working in different healthcare sectors across the country.
Prior to joining DRG, Abey had been working with Jhpiego (an affiliate of Johns Hopkins Medical University) in implementing Family Planning Health Programs in India with collaborating with the Government of India. He also has worked with a grassroots level NGO as a health team manager which worked for the benefit of the rural population living in the foothills of the Himalayas.