Decision Resources Group Epidemiology's coverage of bladder cancer comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in 45 countries worldwide. We report both the incidence and prevalence of bladder cancer for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets of the United States, Europe and Japan, and 10 years for the other countries covered in this report. In addition to forecasting incident and prevalent patient populations, the number of drug-treatment opportunities at specific lines of therapy are also forecast across the developed world.
DRG Epidemiology's bladder cancer forecast will answer the following questions:
- How will changes in the levels of exposure to known risk or protective factors affect the number of people diagnosed with bladder cancer per year?
- In developing countries, what impact will economic growth and development have on the number of people diagnosed with bladder cancer per year?
- How will improvements in survival change the number of people living with a diagnosis of bladder cancer?
- How will decreasing recurrence risk change the number of people diagnosed with bladder cancer per year?
- Of all people diagnosed with bladder cancer, how many in each country across the developed world are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of bladder cancer over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods. In addition, we provide a graphical depiction of the patient flow between or within different disease states for the countries considered in this report. These patient flow diagrams are provided at the regional level, but may be requested for any specific country or forecast year
DRG Epidemiology provides at least ten years of forecast data for
many bladder cancer patient populations, including the following:
- Bladder cancer diagnosed incident cases.
- Diagnosed incident cases by muscle invasiveness at diagnosis.
- Diagnosed incident cases by stage at diagnosis.
- Locally recurrent incidence.
- Second local recurrence events.
- Third local recurrence events.
- Metastatic recurrent incidence.
- Drug-refractory status subpopulation(s).
- Non-muscle-invasive bladder cancer drug-treatable population.
- Localized and resectable locally advanced muscle-invasive bladder cancer drug-treatable population.
- First-line unresectable locally advanced or metastatic bladder cancer drug-treatable population.
Note: coverage may vary by country and region.
- Bladder Cancer - Epidemiology - Mature Markets
Author(s): Narendra Parihar
Narendra is an associate epidemiologist within the epidemiology team at Decision Resources Group. Narendra specializes in developing epidemiological forecasts for multiple indications within the DRG syndicated portfolio.
His qualifications include an MPH with specialization in Health Policy, Economics and Finance from the Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai, and a Bachelor’s degree in Dentistry from the Rajasthan University of Health Sciences.