DRG Epidemiology's coverage of squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations across the major mature pharmaceutical markets (the United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom, and Japan). We report both the incidence and prevalence of squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck for each country as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets and 10 years for the other countries covered in this report. In addition to forecasting incident and prevalent patient populations, the number of drug-treatment opportunities at specific lines of therapy are forecast across the world.
DRG Epidemiology's squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck forecast will answer the following questions:
- How will changes in the levels of exposure to known risk or protective factors affect the number of people diagnosed with squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck per year?
- How will improvements in survival change the number of people living with a diagnosis of squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck?
- How will decreasing recurrence risk change the number of first-line drug-treatment opportunities for squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck?
- Of all people diagnosed with squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck, how many in each country across the major mature pharmaceutical markets are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods. In addition, we provide a graphical depiction of the patient flow between or within different disease states for the major mature pharmaceutical markets. These patient flow diagrams are provided at the regional level, but they may be requested for any specific country or forecast year.
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma Of The Head And Neck - Epidemiology - Mature Markets Data
Author(s): Atul Sharma, MPH; Nishant Kumar, MPH
Atul Sharma started working in Decision Resources Group as an intern in early 2016 and currently works as an associate epidemiologist. He performs fully documented systematic reviews of both published and grey literature on the epidemiology of assigned diseases and their risk factors to estimate incidence/prevalence over a 10-30 year period. He produces analyses for pharmaceutical drug developers on the descriptive epidemiology of major drug indications in mature and developing markets.
He holds a Master’s in Public Health degree from School of Public Health, Post-Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research and a Bachelor’s in dental surgery from MN DAV Dental College & Hospital.
Nishant is a senior epidemiologist and head of oncology within the epidemiology team at Decision Resources Group. He also covers some CNS diseases, including Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. His key interests are developing interactive patient flows, and modelling disease progression to forecast commercially relevant drug-treatable incident and prevalent populations. Nishant also spends a lot of time collaborating with clients to help answer more specific questions through custom work and consulting projects.
His qualifications include an MSc in Public Health with specialization in epidemiology and statistics from King’s College London, and a BSc in Medical Studies from the University of Birmingham.