DRG Epidemiology’s coverage of small-cell lung cancer (SCLC) comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in 45 countries worldwide. We report both the incidence and prevalence of SCLC for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
In addition to forecasting incident and prevalent patient populations, we estimate the number of drug-treatment opportunities in specific lines of therapy.
DRG Epidemiology’s SCLC cancer forecast will answer the following questions:
- How will changes in the levels of exposure to known risk or protective factors affect the number of people diagnosed with SCLC per year?
- In developing countries, what impact will economic growth and development have on the number of people diagnosed with SCLC per year?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of SCLC over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods. In addition, we provide a graph of the patient flow between or within different disease states for the countries considered in this report. These patient-flow diagrams are provided at the regional level but may be requested for any specific country or forecast year.
In addition to the total number of cases for each forecast year, DRG Epidemiology provides at least ten years of forecast data for the following SCLC subpopulations:
- Drug-treatable prevalent cases by metastatic status.
- Diagnosed extensive first-line drug-treatable population.
- Diagnosed incident cases by stage distribution.
- Diagnosed limited drug-treatable population.
- Limited SCLC by resectability status.
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Small Cell Lung Cancer - Epidemiology - Mature Markets
Author(s): Atul Sharma, MPH
Atul Sharma started working in Decision Resources Group as an intern in early 2016 and currently works as an associate epidemiologist. He performs fully documented systematic reviews of both published and grey literature on the epidemiology of assigned diseases and their risk factors to estimate incidence/prevalence over a 10-30 year period. He produces analyses for pharmaceutical drug developers on the descriptive epidemiology of major drug indications in mature and developing markets.
He holds a Master’s in Public Health degree from School of Public Health, Post-Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research and a Bachelor’s in dental surgery from MN DAV Dental College & Hospital.