DRG Epidemiology's coverage of myelodysplastic syndromes comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations across 45 countries worldwide. We report both the incidence and prevalence of myelodysplastic syndromes for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets and 10 years for the other countries covered in this report. In addition to forecasting incident and prevalent patient populations, the number of drug-treatment opportunities at specific lines of therapy are also forecast across the developed world.
DRG Epidemiology's myelodysplastic syndromes forecast will answer the following questions:
- In developing countries, what impact will economic growth and development have on the number of people diagnosed with myelodysplastic syndromes per year?
- How will improvements in survival change the number of people living with a diagnosis of myelodysplastic syndromes?
- Of all people diagnosed with myelodysplastic syndromes, how many in each country across the developed world are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of myelodysplastic syndromes over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods. In addition, we provide a graphical depiction of the patient flow between or within different disease states for the major mature pharmaceutical markets. These patient flow diagrams are provided at the regional level, but may be requested for any specific country or forecast year.
DRG Epidemiology provides at least ten years of forecast data for the following myelodysplastic syndromes patient populations:
- Diagnosed incident cases by FLT3 status
- Diagnosed incident cases by histology
- Diagnosed prevalentcases - MDS by IPSS risk
- Diagnosed prevalent cases - MDS by IPSS-R risk
- Diagnosed prevalent cases by histology
- FLT3 mutated by subtype
- Drug-treatment subpopulation(s)
- TP53 mutated by subtype
- Myelodysplastic syndromes diagnosed incident cases
- Myelodysplastic syndromes diagnosed prevalent cases
… and more (details available on request).
Note: coverage may vary by country and region.
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes - Epidemiology - Mature Markets
Author(s): Ullas Ulahannan
Atul Sharma started working in Decision Resources Group as an intern in early 2016 and currently works as an associate epidemiologist. He performs fully documented systematic reviews of both published and grey literature on the epidemiology of assigned diseases and their risk factors to estimate incidence/prevalence over a 10-30 year period. He produces analyses for pharmaceutical drug developers on the descriptive epidemiology of major drug indications in mature and developing markets.
He holds a Master’s in Public Health degree from School of Public Health, Post-Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research and a Bachelor’s in dental surgery from MN DAV Dental College & Hospital.