DRG Epidemiology's coverage of gastric cancer comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations across 45 countries worldwide. We report the prevalence of gastric cancer for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets and 10 years for the other countries covered in this report. In addition to forecasting prevalent patient populations, the number of drug-treatment opportunities at specific lines of therapy are also forecast across the world.
DRG Epidemiology's gastric cancer forecast will answer the following questions:
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods. In addition, we provide a graphical depiction of the patient flow between or within different disease states for the countries considered in this report. These patient flow diagrams are provided at the regional level, but may be requested for any specific country or forecast year.
In total, DRG Epidemiology forecasts 97 gastric cancer patient populations, as follows:
Note: coverage may vary by country.
- How will changes in the levels of exposure to known risk or protective factors affect the number of people diagnosed with gastric cancer per year?
- In developing countries, what impact will economic growth and development have on the number of people diagnosed with gastric cancer per year?
- How will improvements in survival change the number of first-line drug-treatment opportunities for gastric cancer?
- How will decreasing recurrence risk change the number of first-line drug-treatment opportunities for gastric cancer?
- Of all people with gastric cancer, how many in each country across the developed world have been formally diagnosed?
- Of all people diagnosed with gastric cancer, how many in each country across the developed world are drug-treated?
- 3L metastatic HER2-ve drug-treated
- 3L metastatic HER2-ve non-drug-treated
- 2L metastatic HER2+ve drug treatable population
- 2L metastatic HER2+ve drug-treated
- 2L metastatic HER2+ve non-drug-treated
- 2L metastatic HER2-ve drug treatable population
- 2L metastatic HER2-ve drug-treated
- 2L metastatic HER2-ve non-drug-treated
- 3+4L metastatic HER2+ve drug treatable population
- 3+4L metastatic HER2+ve drug-treated
- … and many more (details available on request).
- Gastric Cancer - Epidemiology - Mature Markets
Author(s): Mudasir Khan, M.P.H.; Abey John, MPH
Mudasir works as an associate epidemiologist within the epidemiology team at Decision Resources Group. He specializes in developing epidemiological forecasts for multiple indications within the DRG syndicated portfolio.
Mudasir holds a masters in public health specializing in epidemiology from TISS, Mumbai.
Abey John is a medical graduate with a Master’s in Public Health and has been associated with DRG since September 2015. He works with a global team of epidemiologists in performing systematic reviews of assigned diseases and prepare forecast models for clients. He also is involved in producing analyses for pharmaceutical drug developers on the descriptive epidemiology of major drug indications in mature and developing markets and have an overall experience of three years working in different healthcare sectors across the country.
Prior to joining DRG, Abey had been working with Jhpiego (an affiliate of Johns Hopkins Medical University) in implementing Family Planning Health Programs in India with collaborating with the Government of India. He also has worked with a grassroots level NGO as a health team manager which worked for the benefit of the rural population living in the foothills of the Himalayas.