DRG Epidemiology's coverage of breast cancer comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations across the major mature pharmaceutical markets (the United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom and Japan). We report both the incidence and prevalence of breast cancer for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets and 10 years for the other countries covered in this report.
In addition to forecasting incident and prevalent patient populations, the number of drug-treatment opportunities at specific lines of therapy are also forecast across the world.
DRG Epidemiology's breast cancer forecast will answer the following questions: Of all people with breast cancer, how many in each country across the major mature pharmaceutical markets have been formally diagnosed? Of all people diagnosed with breast cancer, how many in each country across the major mature pharmaceutical markets are drug-treated? How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of breast cancer over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
In addition to the total number of cases for each forecast year, DRG Epidemiology also provides at least ten years of forecast data for the following breast cancer subpopulations:
- Diagnosed incident cases
- Diagnosed incident cases by stage at diagnosis.
- Diagnosed incident cases by molecular subtype.
- Diagnosed incident cases by BRCA mutation status
- Diagnosed prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases by molecular subtype.
- Adjuvant and neoadjuvant HR-positive/HER2-negative postmenopausal.
- Adjuvant and neoadjuvant HR-positive/HER2-negative premenopausal.
- Adjuvant and neoadjuvant HR-positive/HER2-positive postmenopausal.
- Adjuvant and neoadjuvant HR-positive/HER2-positive premenopausal.
- Adjuvant and neoadjuvant HR-negative/HER2-positive.
- Adjuvant and neoadjuvant HR-negative/HER2-negative (triple-negative).
- First-line metastatic HR-positive/HER2-negative.
- First-line metastatic HER2+ (HR-positive and HR-negative).
- First-line metastatic HR-negative/HER2-negative (triple-negative).
- Breast Cancer - Epidemiology - Mature Markets Data-Subtypes
Author(s): Alexandre Vo Dupuy (PhamD, MSc)
Alexandre joined Decision Resources Group in 2017 as an Associate Epidemiologist. He holds a PharmD from Paris Descartes University as well as a Master in pharmacoepidemiology from the University of Bordeaux.
Prior to joining Decision Resources Group, he worked within the fields of Consulting and Real World Evidence, and as an intern within the Global Epidemiology department of one of the top pharmaceutical company. As an associate epidemiologist, Alexandre works across multiple disease areas estimating and forecasting incidence and prevalence, with a focus on cancer epidemiology.