DRG Epidemiology’s coverage of Niemann-Pick disease (NP) comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in the major mature pharmaceutical markets (the United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom, and Japan). We report the prevalence of NP for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets and 10 years for the other countries covered in this report.
DRG Epidemiology’s NP forecast will answer the following question:
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of NP over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
DRG Epidemiology provides at least ten years of forecast data for the following NP patient populations:
- Diagnosed prevalence of NP.
- Diagnosed prevalence of NP-A.
- Diagnosed prevalence of NP-B.
- Diagnosed prevalence of NP-C.
- Diagnosed prevalence of NP-intermediate type.
- Niemann Pick - Epidemiology - Mature Markets
- Key Findings
- Diagnosed Prevalence of Niemann-Pick Disease per 100,000 People of All Ages in 2019 and 2039
- Epidemiology Data
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Niemann-Pick Disease
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Niemann-Pick A Disease
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Niemann-Pick B Disease
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Niemann-Pick C Disease
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Niemann Pick disease intermediate type
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Niemann-Pick Disease
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of Niemann-Pick Disease
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for Niemann-Pick Disease
- Literature Review
Author(s): Shilpa Thakur; Abey John, M.P.H.
Shilpa Thakur, M.P.H., is an epidemiologist at Clarivate. Previously, she monitored HIV sentinel surveillance in Himachal Pradesh. She has also studied the patterns of antimicrobial resistance in India. She received her M.P.H. from the Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research with a specialization in epidemiology and biostatistics.
Abey John, M.P.H., is an epidemiologist at DRG, part of Clarivate. Prior to joining DRG, he worked with Jhpiego (an affiliate of Johns Hopkins Medical University) in implementing family planning health programs in India in collaboration with the government of India. He also has worked at the grassroots level as a health team manager to help the rural population living in the foothills of the Himalayas. He holds a master’s degree in public health.