DRG Epidemiology's coverage of non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations across the major mature pharmaceutical markets (the United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom and Japan). We report the prevalence of NASH for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
DRG Epidemiology's NASH forecast will answer the following questions:
- How will changes in the levels of exposure to known risk or protective factors affect the number of people living with NASH?
- Of all people with NASH, how many in each country across the major mature pharmaceutical markets have been formally diagnosed?
- Of all those people formally diagnosed with NASH, what is their liver fibrosis stage?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of NASH over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
In addition to the total number of cases for each forecast year, DRG Epidemiology also provides at least ten years of forecast data for the following non-alcoholic NASH subpopulations:
- Advanced fibrosis status
- Obesity status
- Diagnosis status
- Diabetes status
- Fibrosis stage (F0-F4)
- Treatment status
Note: coverage may vary by country.
- Non-Alcoholic Steatohepatitis - Epidemiology - Mature Markets
- Key Findings
- Total Prevalence of NASH per 1,000 People Aged 0-85+ in 2018 and 2038
- Relative Sizes of the Contributing Factors to the Trend in Total Prevalent Cases of NASH over the Next 20 Years
- Epidemiology Data
- Total Prevalent Cases
- Total Prevalent Cases of NASH by Fibrosis Stage
- Obesity Status
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of NASH
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of NASH by Fibrosis Stage
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of NASH with Type 2 Diabetes
- Drug-Treated Cases of NASH
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of NASH
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of NASH
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for NASH
- Literature Review
Author(s): Joseph Granato, M.P.H.
Joseph Granato, M.P.H., is a senior epidemiologist at DRG, part of Clarivate. Before joining DRG, he worked with the Monroe County Health Department on the surveillance of reportable diseases, including dengue fever. He received his M.P.H. from Des Moines University, where he worked on several population health projects, including tick-borne diseases. He also holds a B.S. in animal science from the University of Tennessee.