DRG Epidemiology’s coverage of amyloidosis comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in the major mature pharmaceutical markets (United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom, and Japan). We report both the incidence and prevalence of amyloidosis for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
DRG Epidemiology’s amyloidosis forecast will answer the following questions:
- Of all people diagnosed with amyloidosis, how many in each of the seven markets under study are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of amyloidosis over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is provided for full transparency into research and methods.
In addition to the total number of cases for each forecast year, DRG Epidemiology provides at least ten years of forecast data for the following amyloidosis subpopulations:
- Diagnosed prevalence and incidence of wtATTR.
- Diagnosed prevalence and incidence of AA.
- Diagnosed prevalence and incidence of AL.
- Diagnosed prevalence and incidence of FAP.
- Diagnosed prevalence and incidence of FAC.
- Diagnosed prevalence and incidence of ATTR.
Note: Coverage may vary by country and region.
- Amyloidosis - Epidemiology - Mature Markets
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Amyloidosis per 1,000 Among People Aged 20+ in 2018 and 2028
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Amyloidosis per 1,000 Among People of All Ages in 2018 and 2028
- Relative Sizes of the Contributing Factors to the Trend in Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Amyloidosis over the Next Ten Years
- Analysis of Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Amyloidosis in 2018 by Subtype
- Epidemiology Data
- Diagnosed Incident Cases of Amyloidosis and Subtypes
- Diagnosed Prevalence of Amyloidosis and All Subtypes
- Drug-Treatable Cases of Amyloidosis
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Amyloidosis
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of Amyloidosis
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Literature Review
Author(s): Fjoralba Kristo, MD, MPH
Fjoralba Kristo has expertise in forecasting infectious diseases and chronic diseases in both the mature and global markets. She has extensive academic experience with quantitative and qualitative research methods.
Prior to joining Decision Resources Group, she completed a postdoctoral fellowship at University of Kentucky, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, and more recently worked as Research Scientist at Massachusetts General Hospital, where she investigated mechanisms of inflammation in cardiovascular diseases. Fjoralba holds an MPH degree from Boston University School of Public Health, concentrating in Epidemiology and Biostatistics, and a medical degree from University of Medicine, Bucharest, Romania.