DRG Epidemiology's coverage of hidradenitis suppurativa comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations across the major mature pharmaceutical markets (the United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom and Japan). We report both the diagnosed incidence and prevalence of HS for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
DRG Epidemiology's HS forecast will answer the following questions:
- How many people in each country across the major mature pharmaceutical markets have been formally diagnosed with HS?
- How does the severity of HS differ between newly diagnosed and existing prevalent HS cases?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of HS over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
In total, DRG Epidemiology forecasts five HS patient populations, as follows:
- Diagnosed incident cases.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed incident cases by severity.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases by severity.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases by site of major lesions.
Note: coverage may vary by country.
- Hidradenitis Suppurativa - Epidemiology - Mature Markets
- Key Findings
- Diagnosed Incidence Estimates of Hidradenitis Suppurativa per 100,000 People in 2020 and 2040
- Relative Sizes of the Contributing Factors to the Trend in Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Hidradenitis Suppurativa over the Next 20 Years
- Analysis of the Prevalent Cases of Hidradenitis Suppurativa in 2020 by Severity
- Epidemiology Data
- Diagnosed Incident Cases
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases
- Diagnosed Incident Cases by Severity
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases by Severity
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases by Site of Major Lesions
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Hidradenitis Suppurativa
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of Hidradenitis Suppurativa
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for Hidradenitis Suppurativa
- Literature Review
Author(s): T.J. Arndt, M.P.H., C.P.H.
Thomas J. Arndt, M.P.H., C.P.H., is an epidemiologist at DRG, part of Clarivate. He earned his master's degree in public health at the University of Florida, where he conducted an internship developing a clinical model for noninvasively screening for nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). He also holds a B.S. in microbiology and cell science and a B.A. in Spanish, both from the University of Florida. While studying at the University of Florida, Mr. Arndt worked in two physiology-based research labs focusing on maternal and fetal stresses during pregnancy and parturition.