DRG’s Extrapolated Worldwide Coverage is the first and only evidence-based data set of epidemiological forecasts for key cystic fibrosis patient populations covering 171 countries and more than 99% of the global population, delivered in an interactive dashboard-style download.
Use the Extrapolated Worldwide Coverage dashboard to do the following:
- View 10-year forecasts of the birth incident cases, diagnosed prevalent cases, diagnosed F508del heterozygous prevalent cases, diagnosed F508del homozygous prevalent cases and diagnosed F508del negative or unknown prevalent cases for all 171 countries, stratified by region and World Bank income status.
- Aggregate country-level estimates into region-level estimates, according to user preference or as required by regulators for orphan drug designations.
- Visualize global correlations between disease risk or patient population size and key indicators of market opportunity such as GDP per capita and healthcare spend per capita.
- Generate and export global heat maps of disease risk or patient population size.
The Extrapolated Worldwide Coverage dashboard is available as an Excel file in the “Downloads” section. It is available for purchase by clients who subscribe to all 45 countries covered by DRG Epidemiology. For subscription and entitlement queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cystic Fibrosis - Epidemiology - Extrapolated Worldwide Coverage
- Extrapolated Worldwide Coverage
- The Global Extrapolator Model
- The Global Extrapolation Algorithm
- Extrapolated Worldwide Coverage
Author(s): Stephanie Niquita; Alison Isherwood, MSc, MRes, PhD; Nicole Zhang, MPH
Stephanie Niquita works as an associate epidemiologist at Decision Resources Group. Stephanie holds a masters in public health specializing in epidemiology from TISS, Mumbai and a medical degree from Hubei University of Chinese Medicine, People’s Republic of China. She has been trained as a community physician and has also supervised and coordinated various governmental and non-governmental public health projects.
Alison Isherwood, B.Sc., M.Res., M.Sc., Ph.D. joined Decision Resources Group in 2008, as an Epidemiologist. Alison holds a B.Sc. in Medical Microbiology, Masters by Research in the Life Sciences and a M.Sc. in Epidemiology all from the University of Edinburgh. Prior to joining Decision Resources Inc., she was working on her Ph.D. in Molecular Virology, specializing on the severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) coronavirus, at the University of Reading. In her role at Decision Resources Group, Alison is currently an Epidemiology team lead as well as project managing custom epidemiology work in multiple therapy areas. Alison’s area of specialization at DRG is cancer, particularly breast cancer.
Nicole Zhang is an Epidemiologist at Decision Resources Group. She focuses on the epidemiology of oncology and cardiovascular disorders.
She holds an M.P.H. from Tufts Medical School where she specialized in epidemiology and biostatistics. She also holds a B.A. in Chemistry and Statistics from Mount Holyoke College. Prior to joining Decision Resources, she worked as a research analyst at Massachusetts General Hospital where she independently managed data from food information survey conducted in Chelsea, MA. She has also worked at Massachusetts Department of Public Health where she conducted secondary research in the fields of gestational diabetes.