DRG Epidemiology’s coverage of vitiligo comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in 45 countries worldwide. We report the diagnosed prevalence of vitiligo for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets and 10 years for the other countries covered in this report.
DRG Epidemiology’s vitiligo forecast will answer the following questions:
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of vitiligo over the forecast period?
- Of all people diagnosed with vitiligo, how many cases are segmental or nonsegmental vitiligo?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
DRG Epidemiology provides at least ten years of forecast data for the following vitiligo subpopulations:
- Diagnosed prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases by subtype.
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Vitiligo - Epidemiology - Emerging Markets
- Key Findings
- Diagnosed Prevalence of Vitiligo per 1,000 People in 2020 and 2030
- Relative Sizes of the Contributing Factors to the Trend in Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Vitiligo over the Next 10 Years
- Analysis of Diagnosed Prevalent Cases by Subtype
- Epidemiology Data
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Vitiligo by Total Body Surface Area
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Vitiligo by Subtype
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Vitiligo
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of Vitiligo
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for Vitiligo
- Literature Review
Author(s): Sandeep Mahapatra, BDS, MPH
Sandeep is a dental graduate with a Master’s in Public Health with a specialization in Epidemiology and has been associated with DRG since June 2018. He works with a global team of epidemiologists in performing fully documented systematic reviews of published and grey literature on epidemiology of diseases and their risk factors. He also conducts analysis on descriptive epidemiology of major indications in mature and developing markets. Additionally, he supports the operational and strategic management of the team and wider business unit through collation of data from various sources.
Prior to joining DRG he had over 5 years of experience working with state and central government of India to plan, design and conduct large scale research and implementation projects on non-communicable diseases, tobacco cessation and childhood nutrition.