DRG Epidemiology's coverage of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in 45 countries worldwide. We report the prevalence of RA for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets and 10 years for the other countries covered in this report.
DRG Epidemiology's RA forecast will answer the following questions:
- Of all people with RA, how many in each country have been formally diagnosed?
- Of all people diagnosed with RA, how many in each of the major mature pharmaceutical markets are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of RA over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
In total, DRG Epidemiology forecasts ten RA patient populations, as follows:
- Total prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed mild prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed moderate prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed severe prevalent cases.
- Undiagnosed prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed drug-treated prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed non-drug-treated prevalent cases.
- Total incident cases.
- Lifetime DALYs gained.
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis - Epidemiology - Middle East & Africa
- Key Findings
- Key Updates
- Total Prevalence of Rheumatoid Arthritis per 1,000 Among Adults in 2020 and 2030
- Relative Sizes of the Factors Contributing to the Trend in Total Prevalent Cases of Rheumatoid Arthritis over the Next Ten Years
- Analysis of Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Rheumatoid Arthritis in the Countries Under Study in 2020 by Severity
- Key Findings
- Epidemiology Data
- Total Prevalent Cases
- Total Incident Cases
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases by Severity
- Lifetime DALYs Gained
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Risk / Protective Factors
- Risk / Protective Factors for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Literature Review
Author(s): Aishwarya S. Ambat; Alison Isherwood, M.Sc., M.Res., Ph.D.
Aishwarya S. Ambat, M.P.H., is an associate epidemiologist at Clarivate. She received her M.P.H. from the Manipal Academy of Higher Education in India and holds a bachelor’s degree in physiotherapy.
Alison Isherwood, M.Sc., M.Res., Ph.D., is a senior director on the Epidemiology team at Clarivate. She specializes in female cancers, biomarker, and infectious disease epidemiology, particularly involving the impact of vaccination. She holds a B.Sc. in medical microbiology, a master’s degree in research in the life sciences (specializing in virology and parasitology), and an M.Sc. in epidemiology, all from the University of Edinburgh. She also holds a Ph.D. in molecular virology from the University of Reading in England.