DRG Epidemiology’s coverage of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations globally, including the major mature pharmaceutical markets (the United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom and Japan). We report the prevalence of IPF for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
DRG Epidemiology’s IPF forecast will answer the following questions:
- Of all people with IPF, how many in each country have been formally diagnosed?
- Of all people formally diagnosed with IPF, how many in each country have been drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of IPF over the forecast period?
- How many people diagnosed with IPF also have gastroesophageal reflux disease, pulmonary hypertension, emphysema, and/or obstructive sleep apnea?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
DRG Epidemiology provides at least ten years of forecast data for the following IPFidiopathicpulmonaryfibrosis patient populations:
- Diagnosed prevalent cases.
- Drug-treated prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases with comorbid gastroesophageal reflux disease.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases with comorbid pulmonary hypertension.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases with comorbid emphysema.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases with comorbid obstructive sleep apnea.
- Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis - Epidemiology - Mature Markets
Author(s): Devashri Mukherjee, MPH; Alison Isherwood, MSc, MRes, PhD
Research enthusiast with a flair for academic writing, member of the DRG family since April 2015 and working from the India office.
Started off career with a bachelor’s in Dental Surgery followed by a master’s in Public health; having primarily worked in the hospital setting as a Research Consultant prior to DRG and with 10 international publications to my credit.
Alison Isherwood, B.Sc., M.Res., M.Sc., Ph.D. joined Decision Resources Group in 2008, as an Epidemiologist. Alison holds a B.Sc. in Medical Microbiology, Masters by Research in the Life Sciences and a M.Sc. in Epidemiology all from the University of Edinburgh. Prior to joining Decision Resources Inc., she was working on her Ph.D. in Molecular Virology, specializing on the severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) coronavirus, at the University of Reading. In her role at Decision Resources Group, Alison is currently an Epidemiology team lead as well as project managing custom epidemiology work in multiple therapy areas. Alison’s area of specialization at DRG is cancer, particularly breast cancer.