DRG Epidemiology’s coverage of cystic fibrosis (CF) comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in 45 countries worldwide. We report both the incidence and prevalence of CF for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
DRG Epidemiology’s CF forecast will answer the following questions:
- How will improvements in survival change the number of people living with a diagnosis of CF?
- Of all people diagnosed with CF, how many in each country are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of CF over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
DRG Epidemiology forecasts the following CF patient populations:
- Birth incident cases.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases stratified by CFTR mutation.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases stratified by FEV1 status.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases stratified by airway pathogen.
- Drug-treated prevalent cases.
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Cystic Fibrosis - Epidemiology - Mature Markets
Author(s): Stephanie Niquita; Nicole Zhang, MPH
Stephanie Niquita works as an associate epidemiologist at Decision Resources Group. Stephanie holds a masters in public health specializing in epidemiology from TISS, Mumbai and a medical degree from Hubei University of Chinese Medicine, People’s Republic of China. She has been trained as a community physician and has also supervised and coordinated various governmental and non-governmental public health projects.
Nicole Zhang is an Epidemiologist at Decision Resources Group. She focuses on the epidemiology of oncology and cardiovascular disorders.
She holds an M.P.H. from Tufts Medical School where she specialized in epidemiology and biostatistics. She also holds a B.A. in Chemistry and Statistics from Mount Holyoke College. Prior to joining Decision Resources, she worked as a research analyst at Massachusetts General Hospital where she independently managed data from food information survey conducted in Chelsea, MA. She has also worked at Massachusetts Department of Public Health where she conducted secondary research in the fields of gestational diabetes.