DRG Epidemiology’s coverage of focal segmental glomerulosclerosis (FSGS) comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in the major mature pharmaceutical markets (the United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom, and Japan). We report both the incidence and prevalence of FSGS for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets and 10 years for the other countries covered in this report.
DRG Epidemiology’s FSGS forecast will answer the following questions:
- How will changes in the levels of exposure to known risk or protective factors affect the number of people who develop FSGS per year?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of FSGS over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
In total, DRG Epidemiology forecasts the following FSGS patient populations:
- Diagnosed incidence.
- Diagnosed prevalence.
- Diagnosed incidence of end-stage FSGS.
- Diagnosed prevalence of end-stage FSGS.
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Focal And Segmental Glomerulosclerosis - Epidemiology - Mature Markets
- Key Findings
- Key Updates
- Diagnosed Incidence of FSGS per 100,000 People in 2020 and 2040
- Relative Sizes of the Contributing Factors to the Trend in Diagnosed Incident Cases of FSGS over the Next 20 Years
- Diagnosed Prevalence of FSGS per 100,000 People in 2020 and 2040
- Relative Sizes of the Contributing Factors to the Trend in Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of FSGS over the Next 20 Years
- Epidemiology Data
- Diagnosed Incident Cases of FSGS
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of FSGS
- Diagnosed Incident Cases of End-Stage FSGS
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of End-Stage FSGS
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of FSGS
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of FSGS
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for FSGS
- Literature Review
Author(s): Fjoralba Kristo, MD, MPH
Fjoralba Kristo has expertise in forecasting infectious diseases and chronic diseases in both the mature and global markets. She has extensive academic experience with quantitative and qualitative research methods.
Prior to joining Decision Resources Group, she completed a postdoctoral fellowship at University of Kentucky, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, and more recently worked as Research Scientist at Massachusetts General Hospital, where she investigated mechanisms of inflammation in cardiovascular diseases. Fjoralba holds an MPH degree from Boston University School of Public Health, concentrating in Epidemiology and Biostatistics, and a medical degree from University of Medicine, Bucharest, Romania.