DRG Epidemiology's coverage of juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA) comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations across the major mature pharmaceutical markets (the United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom, and Japan). We report both the incidence and prevalence of JIA for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets covered in this report.
DRG Epidemiology's JIA forecast will answer the following questions:
- Of all people diagnosed with JIA, how many in each country across the major mature pharmaceutical markets are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of JAI over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
In total, DRG Epidemiology forecasts 13 JIA patient populations, as follows:
- Diagnosed polyarthritis RF+ve prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed oligoarthritis extended prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed enthesitis-related arthritis prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed undifferentiated arthritis prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed JIA-related uveitis prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed systemic arthritis prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed oligoarthritis persistent prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed polyarthritis RF-ve prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases
- Diagnosed incident cases.
- Diagnosed drug-treated prevalent cases
- Diagnosed non-drug-treated prevalent cases.
- … and more (details available on request).
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis - Epidemiology - Mature Markets
- Key Updates
- Key Findings
- Diagnosed Prevalence of Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis per 100,000 Among Children in 2021 and 2041
- Relative Sizes of the Factors Contributing to the Trend in Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis Over the Next 20 Years
- Epidemiology Data
- Diagnosed Incident Cases
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases
- Subtype Cases
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases with Uveitis
- Drug-Treated Prevalent Cases of Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis
- Literature Review
Author(s): Aishwarya S. Ambat; Alexandre Vo Dupuy, Pharm.D., M.Sc.
Aishwarya S. Ambat, M.P.H., is an associate epidemiologist at DRG, part of Clarivate. She received her M.P.H. from the Manipal Academy of Higher Education in India and holds a bachelor’s degree in physiotherapy.
Alexandre Vo Dupuy, M.Sc., Pharm.D., is a senior epidemiologist at DRG, part of Clarivate. Prior to joining DRG, he worked in the fields of consulting and real-world evidence and at a major pharmaceutical company. He obtained his doctor of pharmacy from Descartes University in Paris and his master’s degree in pharmacoepidemiology from the University of Bordeaux.