Clarivate Epidemiology’s coverage of paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH) comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in the major mature pharmaceutical markets (the United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom, and Japan). We report both the incidence and prevalence of PNH for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets.
Clarivate Epidemiology’s PNH forecast will answer the following questions:
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of PNH over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the Clarivate Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
In total, Clarivate Epidemiology forecasts six PNH patient populations, as follows:
- Diagnosed prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed incident cases.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of classical PNH.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of PNH with bone marrow failure.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of PNH with aplastic anemia.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of PNH with myelodysplastic syndromes.
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Paroxysmal Nocturnal Hemoglobinuria - Epidemiology - Mature Markets
- Prevalence of Paroxysmal Nocturnal Hemoglobinuria per 100,000 People of All Ages in 2021 and 2041
- Relative Sizes of the Factors Contributing to the Trend in Prevalent Cases of Paroxysmal Nocturnal Hemoglobinuria over the Next 20 Years
- Analysis of Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Paroxysmal Nocturnal Hemoglobinuria in the Countries Under Study in 2021 by Subtype
- Key Findings
- Key Updates
- Epidemiology Data
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Paroxysmal Nocturnal Hemoglobinuria
- Diagnosed Incident Cases of Paroxysmal Nocturnal Hemoglobinuria
- Paroxysmal Nocturnal Hemoglobinuria by Subtype
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Paroxysmal Nocturnal Hemoglobinuria
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of Paroxysmal Nocturnal Hemoglobinuria
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for Paroxysmal Nocturnal Hemoglobinuria
- Literature Review
Author(s): Yueyao (Alex) Li; Oliver Blandy, M.Sc.
Yueyao (Alex) Li, M.D., Ph.D., M.S.P.H., is an associate epidemiologist at Clarivate. Previously, she was a postdoctoral researcher at Brown University, where she worked on projects relating to skin cancer and chronic skin conditions. Dr. Li holds a medical degree specializing in general surgery from China Medical University. She also holds a Ph.D. in epidemiology from Indiana University and a master’s degree in public health from the University of South Carolina.
Oliver Blandy, M.Sc., is a senior epidemiologist at Clarivate. Previously, Oliver worked as a research assistant for Imperial College London, where he was the lead for several studies within an NIRH-funded research group investigating healthcare-associated infections and antimicrobial resistance. He holds an M.Sc. from the University of Bristol, where he specialized in nutrition, physical activity, and public health. He also holds a B.Sc. in chemistry and a postgraduate certificate in education, both from the University of Bristol.