DRG Epidemiology’s coverage of chronic heart failure (CHF) comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in 45 countries worldwide. We report the prevalence of CHF for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets of the United States, Europe, and Japan and 10 years for the other countries covered in this report.
DRG Epidemiology’s CHF will answer the following questions:
- Of all people diagnosed with CHF, how many in each country in the developed world are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of CHF over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods. In addition, we provide a graph of the patient flow between or within different disease states for the countries considered in this report. These patient-flow diagrams are provided at the regional level but may be requested for any specific country or forecast year.
In total, DRG Epidemiology forecasts seven CHF patient populations, as follows:
- Diagnosed prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed drug-treated prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed non-drug-treated prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed NYHA class I prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed NYHA class II prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed NYHA class III prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed NYHA class IV prevalent cases.
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Chronic Heart Failure - Epidemiology - Emerging Markets
- Key Updates
- Diagnosed Prevalence of Chronic Heart Failure Among People Aged 20+ in 2019 and 2029
- Relative Sizes of the Factors Contributing to the Trend in Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Chronic Heart Failure over the Next Ten Years
- Analysis of the Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Chronic Heart Failure in the Countries Under Study by NYHA Functional Classification
- Epidemiology Data
- Diagnosed Prevalence
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases by NYHA Classification
- Drug-Treated Prevalent Cases
- Reference Materials
- Literature review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Chronic Heart Failure
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of Chronic Heart Failure
- Risk/Protective factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for Chronic Heart Failure
- Literature review
Author(s): Sunali D. Goonesekera, SM
Sunali Goonesekera is an Associate Epidemiologist at Decision Resources Group.
Sunali holds a Master’s degree in Epidemiology from the Harvard School of Public Health and a B.A. in Biology (Honors) from Dartmouth College. Prior to joining Decision Resources Group, Sunali conducted epidemiological research and lead authored two manuscripts on racial/ethnic disparities in metabolic diseases at the New England Research Institutes. She has contributed to multiple publications in peer-reviewed journals in epidemiology and in the biological sciences.