DRG Epidemiology's coverage of venous thromboembolism acute prophylaxis comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations across the major mature pharmaceutical markets (the United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom and Japan). We report the incidence of venous thromboembolism acute prophylaxis for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets of the United States, Europe and Japan, and 10 years for the other countries covered in this report.
DRG Epidemiology's venous thromboembolism acute prophylaxis forecast will answer the following questions:
- Of all people eligible for venous thromboembolism acute prophylaxis, how many in each country across the world are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of venous thromboembolism acute prophylaxis over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
DRG Epidemiology provides at least ten years of forecast data for the following venous thromboembolism acute prophylaxis patient populations:
- Diagnosed Events – Major Orthopedic Surgery Total
- Diagnosed Events – Major Orthopedic Surgery - Knee or Hip Arthroplasty
- Diagnosed Events – Major Orthopedic Surgert by Drug-Treatment
- Diagnosed Events – Non-Orthopedic Surgery
- Diagnosed Events – Non-Orthopedic Surgery by Drug-Treatment
- Diagnosed Events – Non-Surgical
- Diagnosed Events – Non-surgical by Drug-Treatment
...and more (details available on request).
Note: coverage may vary by country and region.
- VTE Acute Prophylaxis - Epidemiology - Mature Markets Data
Author(s): Ema Rodrigues, DSc, MPH
Ema is an epidemiologist with expertise in forecasting incident and prevalent populations within oncology, as well as some cardiovascular indications such as venous thromboembolism. She has significant experience with statistical methods such as multivariate linear regression, conditional logistic regression, principal components analysis, mixed models, hierarchical modeling, and path analysis to account for the complex relationships among various predictors of health outcomes, particularly correlated variables.
She completed her master’s and doctoral degree (MPH, D.Sc.) in Environmental Health at Boston University School of Public Health, where she worked on projects investigating significant predictors of various health outcomes including central nervous system cancer, cognitive function, and birth outcomes.