DRG Epidemiology’s coverage of generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations across the major mature pharmaceutical markets (the United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom, and Japan). We report the prevalence of GAD for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets and 10 years for the other countries covered in this report.
DRG Epidemiology’s GAD forecast will answer the following questions:
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of GAD over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is provided for full transparency into research and methods.
In addition to the total number of cases for each forecast year, DRG Epidemiology provides at least ten years of forecast data for the following GAD subpopulations:
- Total prevalent cases: DSM-5 by comorbid cases.
- Total prevalent cases: DSM-IV by severity.
- Total prevalent cases: DSM-5 by severity.
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder - Epidemiology - Americas Data
- Key Findings
- Total Prevalence Estimates of Generalized Anxiety Disorder per 1,000 People Aged 20+ Years in 2018 and 2028
- Relative Sizes of the Contributing Factors to the Trend in Total Prevalent Cases of Generalized Anxiety Disorder over the Next Ten Years
- Analysis of the Prevalent Cases of Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2018 by Severity
- Epidemiology Data
- DSM-IV prevalent cases
- DSM-5 prevalent cases
- DSM-5 incident cases
- Comorbidity Cases
- Percentage Diagnosed
- Percentage Drug-Treated
- Lifetime DALYs Gained
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Literature Review
Author(s): Mudasir Khan, M.P.H.; Abey John, MPH
Mudasir works as an associate epidemiologist within the epidemiology team at Decision Resources Group. He specializes in developing epidemiological forecasts for multiple indications within the DRG syndicated portfolio.
Mudasir holds a masters in public health specializing in epidemiology from TISS, Mumbai.
Abey John is a medical graduate with a Master’s in Public Health and has been associated with DRG since September 2015. He works with a global team of epidemiologists in performing systematic reviews of assigned diseases and prepare forecast models for clients. He also is involved in producing analyses for pharmaceutical drug developers on the descriptive epidemiology of major drug indications in mature and developing markets and have an overall experience of three years working in different healthcare sectors across the country.
Prior to joining DRG, Abey had been working with Jhpiego (an affiliate of Johns Hopkins Medical University) in implementing Family Planning Health Programs in India with collaborating with the Government of India. He also has worked with a grassroots level NGO as a health team manager which worked for the benefit of the rural population living in the foothills of the Himalayas.