DRG Epidemiology’s coverage of chronic daily headache (CDH) presents epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in the major mature pharmaceutical markets (the United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom, and Japan). We report the prevalence of CDH for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets and 10 years for the other countries covered in this report.
DRG Epidemiology’s CDH forecast will answer the following questions:
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of CDH over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is provided for full transparency into research and methods.
In addition to the total number of cases for each forecast year, DRG Epidemiology provides at least ten years of forecast data for the following CDH populations:
- Total prevalent cases of chronic tension-type headache.
- Total prevalent cases of chronic migraine.
- Total prevalent cases of both chronic tension-type headache and chronic migraine.
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Chronic Daily Headache - Epidemiology - Mature Markets Data
- Key Findings
- Introduction Graphics
- Prevalence of Chronic Daily Headache per 1,000 Among Adults in 2018 and 2038
- Relative Sizes of the Factors Contributing to the Trend in Prevalent Cases of Chronic Daily Headache over the Next Twenty Years
- Epidemiology Data
- Total Prevalence
- Chronic Tension-Type Headache
- Chronic Migraine
- Chronic Tension-Type Headache and Chronic Migraine
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Chronic Daily Headache
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of Chronic Daily Headache
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for Chronic Daily Headache
- Literature Review
Author(s): Abey John, MPH
Abey John is a medical graduate with a Master’s in Public Health and has been associated with DRG since September 2015. He works with a global team of epidemiologists in performing systematic reviews of assigned diseases and prepare forecast models for clients. He also is involved in producing analyses for pharmaceutical drug developers on the descriptive epidemiology of major drug indications in mature and developing markets and have an overall experience of three years working in different healthcare sectors across the country.
Prior to joining DRG, Abey had been working with Jhpiego (an affiliate of Johns Hopkins Medical University) in implementing Family Planning Health Programs in India with collaborating with the Government of India. He also has worked with a grassroots level NGO as a health team manager which worked for the benefit of the rural population living in the foothills of the Himalayas.