DRG Epidemiology's coverage of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations across the major mature pharmaceutical markets (the United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom, and Japan). We report the prevalence of PTSD for each country as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets.
DRG Epidemiology's PTSD forecast will answer the following questions:
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of PTSD over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder - Epidemiology - Mature Markets Data
- Key Findings
- Total 12-Month Prevalent Cases of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder per 100 People of All Ages in 2019 and 2039
- Relative Effect of the Contributing Factors to the Trend in Total 12-Month Prevalence of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Over the Next 20 Years
- Total Life-Time Prevalent Cases of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder per 100 People of All Ages in 2019 and 2039
- Key Findings
- Epidemiology Data
- Total 12-Month Prevalent Cases of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Total Lifetime Prevalent Cases of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Literature Review
Author(s): Shilpa Thakur; Abey John, MPH
Shilpa Thakur is a medical graduate with a M.P.H from the Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research with a specialization in epidemiology and biostatistics. She specializes in developing epidemiological forecasts for the multiple indications within the DRG syndicated portfolio.
Prior to joining Decision Resources, she monitored HIV sentinel surveillance 2016-2017 in Himachal Pradesh. She also has worked on to see the patterns of Antimicrobial resistance in India.
Abey John is a medical graduate with a Master’s in Public Health and has been associated with DRG since September 2015. He works with a global team of epidemiologists in performing systematic reviews of assigned diseases and prepare forecast models for clients. He also is involved in producing analyses for pharmaceutical drug developers on the descriptive epidemiology of major drug indications in mature and developing markets and have an overall experience of three years working in different healthcare sectors across the country.
Prior to joining DRG, Abey had been working with Jhpiego (an affiliate of Johns Hopkins Medical University) in implementing Family Planning Health Programs in India with collaborating with the Government of India. He also has worked with a grassroots level NGO as a health team manager which worked for the benefit of the rural population living in the foothills of the Himalayas.