Venclexta (Wave 3) is the third in a multiwave series designed to track physician perception and uptake of as well as the competitive environment for the newly launched chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) drug Venclexta (Roche/Genentech’s venetoclax). Launch Tracking Venclexta measures the impact of this novel agent on the relapsed/refractory CLL with del(17p) therapy market following launch, based on a blend of quantitative and qualitative primary research with U.S. hematologist-oncologists. This content evaluates physicians’ current awareness and perception of Venclexta relative to other currently available therapies for relapsed/refractory CLL, current and anticipated use of Venclexta, and promotional activity for Venclexta.
What you will learn in this content:
- What is U.S. hematologist-oncologists’ awareness of and familiarity with Venclexta, and what are their perceptions of this product?
- Among prescribers, for which patients are they prescribing Venclexta, what are the reasons for prescribing, and how satisfied are they with Venclexta?
- What promotional messages and activities are Roche/Genentech employing in support of the Venclexta launch?
- How do prescribers and nonprescribers compare across key metrics?
- How is the trial and adoption of Venclexta tracking compared with other recent first-in-class product launches in the oncology market?
Methodology: ~75-100 U.S. hematologist-oncologists complete a 30-minute online quantitative survey with several open-ended questions for qualitative feedback. In addition, ten surveyed specialists participate in a 30-minute follow-up qualitative interview.
Related reports: Venclexta Launch Tracking (US) Wave 1, Venclexta Launch Tracking (US) Wave 2, Derzalex/Emplicity Launch Tracking (US) Wave 3
- Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma And Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia - Emerging Therapies - Venclexta Launch Tracking (US) Wave 3
Author(s): Dana Gheorghe
Dana Gheorghe, Ph.D., is a senior business insights analyst on the Oncology team at Decision Resources Group, specializing in non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma and renal cell carcinoma, with expertise in multiple myeloma and metastatic colorectal cancer. Her previous experience includes postdoctoral positions at Imperial College London and the Marie Curie Research Institute. Dr. Gheorghe holds a Ph.D. in cellular biology and biochemistry from the University of Sheffield and a B.Sc./Honors in Molecular Biology from the University of Edinburgh.