Squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck ( SCCHN ) is an anatomically and biologically heterogeneous disease, which has historically proven a complex challenge for drug development. In recent years considerable advancements have been made, predominantly due to the emergence of immune checkpoint inhibitors. Merck & ;s Keytruda became the first immune checkpoint inhibitor to receive FDA approval in 2016, and was the first new drug approval for SCCHN since Eli Lilly/Merck KGaA/Bristol-Myers Squibb’s Erbitux over 10 years ago. Bristol-Myers Squibb’s PD-1 inhibitor Opdivo also received FDA approval in 2016, and EC and was . Clinical trials are now evaluating the role of immune checkpoint inhibitors in earlier stages of the disease and several agents in this class are being positioned for the untapped and lucrative locoregionally advanced SCCHN setting. A plethora of other drug classes are also being explored, including IDO-1 inhibitors, which are also set to contribute to some of the robust market growth throughout the 2016-2026 forecast period.
- How large is the treatable SCCHN population and how will diagnosis/drug-treatment rates change over time?
- What is the current state of treatment in SCCHN ? Which are the most important drugs and why? What are interviewed experts’ insights on current treatment options? What clinical needs remain unfulfilled?
- What pipeline products are most promising, and what sales/uptake could they secure in SCCHN ? What therapies of note are progressing in earlier phases?
- The first immune checkpoint inhibitors were approved for previously treated SCCHN in 2016 in the United States, and Opdivo susbequently gained EC and M. Which immune checkpoint inhibitor combinations (Keytruda plus chemotherapy, Opdivo plus Yervoy, Imfinzi plus tremelimumab, and epacadostat plus Opdivo or Keytruda) are forecast for approval in which disease setting, and how will they compete with currently established therapies? For which patient populations are immune checkpoint inhibitors most likely to be used? What will be the impact on the SCCHN market?
- What are the drivers and constraints in SCCHN market, and how will the market evolve over the forecast period (2016-2026)?
Disease Landscape & Forecast: Comprehensive market intelligence providing world-class epidemiology, keen insight into current treatment paradigms, in-depth pipeline assessments, and drug forecasts supported by detailed primary and secondary research.