NSCLC has one of the most dynamic drug development pipelines in oncology, including multiple targeted and biomarker-driven therapies. DRG expects the NSCLC therapy market to experience robust growth throughout the 2016-2026 forecast period. The biggest driver of market sales growth will be the continued uptake and anticipated label expansions of immune checkpoint inhibitors. Merck & ;s Keytruda became the first immune checkpoint inhibitor to receive approval for first-line NSCLC and is anticipated to generate significant sales in this setting. EGFR and ALK inhibitor drug classes will also contribute to market growth following the first-line label expansions of Tagrisso and Alecensa, respectively. Several new therapies will gain approvals within the forecast period, from four different drug classes, resulting in increased therapy options and a highly competitive market.
- How large are the drug-treatable NSCLC populations and how will the drug-treatment rates change over time?
- What is the current state of treatment in NSCLC ? What are interviewed experts’ insights on current treatment options? What clinical needs remain unfulfilled?
- How will different immune checkpoint inhibitor regimens compete in the first-line metastatic NSCLC setting? What will patient share dynamics look like in high PD-L1 ( TPS ≥50%) and negative/low- PD-L1 patient segments?
- What will be the therapy options for EGFR - and ALK -positive patients following progression on first-line Tagrisso and Alecensa, respectively?
- What pipeline products are most promising, and what sales/uptake could they secure in NSCLC ? What therapies of note are progressing in earlier phases?
- What are the drivers and constraints in the NSCLC market, and how will the market evolve over the forecast period?
Disease Landscape & Forecast: Comprehensive market intelligence providing world-class epidemiology, keen insight into current treatment paradigms, in-depth pipeline assessments, and drug forecasts supported by detailed primary and secondary research.