The availability of premium-priced branded agents prescribed in doublet, triplet, and quadruplet regimens, particularly Darzalex-based therapies, has had an impressive impact on the multiple myeloma treatment landscape. While Bristol-Myers Squibb’s Revlimid and Janssen / Takeda Pharmaceutical’s Velcade remain the cornerstones of multiple myeloma therapy, emerging agents such as Bristol Myers Squibb / Bluebird bio’s ide-cel, Sanofi / ImmunoGen’s Sarclisa, and Oncopeptide’s Ygalo are pursuing initial approvals, while GlaxoSmithKline’s BLENREP / belantamab mafodotin recently received its approval. Immense clinical and commercial potential still remains in multiple myeloma for therapies with improved efficacy and novel mechanisms of action, that can fulfill a need in underserved patient segments such as smoldering multiple myeloma.
- What is the size of the drug-treatable multiple myeloma population, and will drug-treatment rates vary over time?
- How will the use of Revlimid and Velcade change over the forecast period? What impact will generic entries of these pivotal agents have on the multiple myeloma market?
- What are thought leaders’ opinions on agents such as, ide-cel, belantamab mafodotin, and subcutaneous formulation of Darzalex?
- What are the drivers and constraints in the multiple myeloma market? How will the entry of new antimyeloma agents shape the multiple myeloma market?
Disease Landscape & Forecast provides comprehensive market intelligence with world-class epidemiology, keen insight into current treatment paradigms, in-depth pipeline assessments, and drug forecasts supported by detailed primary and secondary research.
Markets covered: United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom, Japan.
Primary research: 19 country-specific interviews with experts and 210 country-specific surveys with hematologist-oncologists treating multiple myeloma.
Epidemiology: Incidence of multiple myeloma by country, segmented by symptom.
Emerging therapies: Phase III/PR: 5 drugs; coverage of select Phase I and II products.
- Multiple Myeloma - Landscape & Forecast - Disease Landscape & Forecast
Author(s): Snigdha Gupta, Ph.D; Ullas Ulahannan
Dr. Snigdha Gupta is a Lead Analyst in the oncology team at Decision Resources Group with expertise in multiple oncology indications including non-small cell lung cancer and multiple myeloma.
Prior to joining DRG, Dr. Snigdha Gupta was a subject matter expert in immune-oncology, autoimmunity and dealt in generating in-depth framework based scientific analyses for client projects. In her previous organizations, she was involved in the planning and execution of the IND enabling preclinical studies. She has been instrumental in the stage-up of two small molecules at Bioxcel Therapeutics and Daiichi Sankyo Pharma India Pvt. Ltd. Dr. Gupta holds Ph.D. in infectious diseases from the Indian Institute of Chemical Biology, Jadavpur University, Kolkata while her post-doctoral fellowship is from the Mucosal immunology labs of National Institute of Immunology, New Delhi.