The breast cancer market is rapidly evolving and presents new commercial opportunities for drug developers. CDK4/6 inhibitors (Pfizer’s Ibrance, Novartis’s Kisqali, and Eli Lilly’s Verzenio / Verzenios) are creating new dynamics in the metastatic HR-positive / HER2-negative treatment practice. In HER2-positive breast cancer, HER2-targeting drugs in development are forecast to enter the market, while sales of current HER2-targeting agents will be impacted as a result of competition, label expansions, biosimilar entries, and new trials leading to changes in treatment guidelines. Furthermore, the approval of PARP inhibitors (AstraZeneca / Merck & Co.’s Lynparza and Pfizer’s Talzenna), PD-1-targeting agents (Roche / Genentech / Chugai’s Tecentriq), PI3K inhibitors (Novartis’s Piqray), HER2-targeting agents (Daiichi Sankyo / AstraZeneca’s Enhertu, Seagen’s Tukysa, and MacroGenics’ Margenza), TROP2-targeting antibody-drug conjugates (Immunomedics’ Trodelvy), and the anticipated entry of other agents from these drug classes will diversify treatment options, especially for triple-negative breast cancer.
- What is the size of the drug-treatable breast cancer population, and how will drug-treatment rates change over time?
- What is the expected market impact of recent drug approvals, such as Tecentriq, Piqray, Enhertu, Tukysa, and Trodelvy on the various subpopulations of breast cancer?
- What are the most promising agents in the pipeline, and how will they shape the future of the breast cancer market?
- What are the drivers and constraints in the breast cancer market, and how will the market evolve over the forecast period?
- Geographies: United States, EU5, Japan
- Primary Research: 19 country-specific interviews with thought-leading medical oncologists supported by survey data collected for this and other DRG research
- Epidemiology: Incidence of breast cancer by country, segmented by HR and HER2 status, staging, and line of therapy
- Forecast: 10-year, annualized, drug-level sales and patient share of key breast cancer therapies through 2029, segmented by brands / biosimilars / generics and market-relevant drug-treatable populations
- Emerging Therapies: Phase III/PR: 15 drugs; coverage of select Phase I and II products
Disease Landscape & Forecast provides comprehensive market intelligence with world-class epidemiology, keen insight into current treatment paradigms, in-depth pipeline assessments, and drug forecasts supported by detailed primary and secondary research.