Peripheral arterial disease (PAD) is a common manifestation of systemic atherosclerosis affecting the arteries in the lower extremities. This condition is considered a major marker for systemic ischemic events such as stroke and myocardial infarction (MI). With asymptomatic patients making up a large percentage of the total PAD population, it is largely underdiagnosed, under-recognized, and undertreated. However, there is a growing recognition that optimal management of PAD requires aggressive secondary prevention measures. PAD treatment is dominated by well established generic drugs that restricts the overall market value. However, emerging therapies, such as stem cell therapies, could significantly boost the market. Overall, increasing prevalent cases, combined with substantial unmet needs, and emerging therapies make PAD a market with high-growth opportunities.
- There is a substantial treatment gap in PAD, with a considerable percentage of patients remaining undiagnosed and untreated. How do thought leaders think this treatment gap can be reduced?
- What are the key pharmacotherapeutic agents used for PAD? What are the major unmet needs, according to thought leaders?
- How active is research and development for PAD? What are thought leader’s opinions on the prospects of the novel therapies in development?
- How will the PAD market grow with the emergence of novel branded therapies and how will they impact treatment practice?
Disease Landscape & Forecast provides comprehensive market intelligence with world-class epidemiology, keen insight into current treatment paradigms, in-depth pipeline assessments, and drug forecasts supported by detailed primary and secondary research.
Markets covered: United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom, Japan.
Primary research: 17 country-specific interviews with thought-leading PAD experts.
Epidemiology: Prevalence of PAD by country, acute PAD-associated events; diagnosis, and drug-treated rates.
Emerging therapies: Phase III: 3 drugs; Phase II: 5 drugs; coverage of select preclinical and Phase I products.
Market forecast features: Ten-year, annualized, drug-level sales, and patient share of key PAD therapies through 2029, segmented by brands/generics.
- Peripheral Arterial Disease - Landscape And Forecast - Disease Landscape And Forecast
Author(s): Rameshwar Prajapati, Ph.D., M.S. (Pharm.)
Rameshwar Prajapati, Ph.D., M.S. (Pharm.), is a business insights analyst in Decision Resources Group’s cardiovascular, metabolic, renal, and hematologic disorders team, focusing primarily on obesity. In this role, his main function is to perform primary and secondary research related to obesity and its treatment, as well as providing insights and assessments for the major pharmaceutical markets regarding weight loss medications.
Rameshwar holds a bachelor’s degree in pharmacy from Dr. H.S. Gour University, Sagar, India. He obtained his master’s and doctorate degree in pharmacoinformatics from the National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, S.A.S Nagar, India. Rameshwar also received a German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) fellowship to conduct his research on P-glycoprotein at the University of Bonn, Germany.