The current treatment algorithm for non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) is rapidly evolving. The increasing number of biomarker-driven therapies has resulted in a highly segmented space dominated by branded targeted therapies. In the EGFR-positive setting, Tarceva (Roche) and Giotrif (Boehringer Ingelheim) are facing increasing competition from Tagrisso (AstraZeneca) and Vizimpro (Pfizer). In other key populations, the PD-1 inhibitor Keytruda (Merck & Co.) continues to dominate due to its demonstrated survival benefit. However, novel immune checkpoint inhibitor combinations incorporating Tecentriq (Roche) with Avastin (Roche) and/or chemotherapy will compete and provide alternative treatment options. Our primary research provides insight into the current use of approved therapies for NSCLC in the EU5 and uncovers key factors that influence medical oncologists’ prescribing decisions.
- What are the treatment rates in the various lines of therapy for metastatic NSCLC?
- How are newly approved agents for EGFR-positive (Tagrisso, Vizimpro) and ALK-translocation-positive (Alunbrig, Lorviqua) NSCLC changing the treatment landscape for specific patients?
- How are Keytruda- and Tecentriq-based chemotherapy regimens performing in the first-line metastatic NSCLC setting? Which regimen do the EU5 physicians favor? Does it change according to geography?
- What are the main obstacles in prescribing immune checkpoint inhibitors (as monotherapies or combination approaches) forNSCLC?
Current Treatment: Physician Insights provides physician insights on treatment dynamics, prescribing behavior, and drivers of brand use so that marketers can create specific messaging around these treatment dynamics to more effectively increase or defend their market position.
Markets covered: France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom
Primary research: Survey of 50 medical oncologists in each EU5 country.
Key drugs covered: Keytruda, Opdivo, Tecentriq, Imfinzi, Avastin, Tarceva, Iressa, Giotrif, Tagrisso, Vizimpro, Xalkori, Zykadia, Alecensa, Alunbrig, Lorviqua, Tafinlar, Mekinist
- Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer - Current Treatment - Detailed, Expanded Analysis (EU5) - 2020
- Current Treatment: Physician Insights | Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer | EU5 | 2020
Author(s): Vandana, M.Pharm
Vandana is a Research Associate in the oncology team at Decision Resources Group. Her current work is focused on performing market research in several oncology indications across the major pharmaceutical markets.
Prior to joining DRG, she worked as a Business Analyst (Digital marketing) at Iquanti, Bangalore. She has also previously worked as Analyst in WNS, Noida, India. She has worked on multiple client projects involving competitive intelligence, forecasting, pipeline analysis, keywords research and product/company profiling. She has earned her Master's in Pharmacology from DIPSAR, New Delhi, India.