China has the highest incidence of gastric and GEJ adenocarcinoma globally, and therapeutic options are limited. Only three targeted agents are approved to treat this indication—Roche’s Herceptin as first-line standard of care for HER2-positive patients, Jiangsu Hengrui Medicine’s AiTan for third-line patients, and nivolumab for third-line patients. Several novel targeted therapies—including angiogenesis inhibitors (Eli Lilly’s Cyramza and Chi-Med’s Elunate); a claudin inhibitor (Ganymed’s zolbetuximab); and immune checkpoint inhibitors (Bristol Myers Squibb’s Opdivo, Merck & Co.’s Keytruda, Innovent Biologics’ Tyvyt, and BieGene’s tislelizumab. The launch and uptake of these agents will lead to significant growth of the gastric cancer therapy market over the 2019-2029 period. However, the need for additional, effective targeted therapies will remain high, representing a lucrative commercial opportunity for developers
- How large is China’s drug-treatable gastric cancer population, and how will drug-treatment rates change during the forecast period?
- Which are the most commercially relevant drugs in China’s gastric cancer market and why? What are interviewed experts’ insights into current treatment options?
- What are the key market access considerations for therapies in the gastric cancer pipeline in China? What sales/uptake could they secure in gastric cancer? What are interviewed experts’ opinions of key emerging therapies?
- What are the key drivers and constraints in the gastric cancer therapy market of China, and how will the market evolve over the forecast period?
China In-Depth offers comprehensive market intelligence, including world-class epidemiology, keen insight into the A&R environment of China, current treatment paradigms, in-depth pipeline assessments, and drug forecasts supported by detailed primary and secondary research. This solution helps companies gauge commercial outlooks and optimize clinical development, subpopulation targeting, physician messaging, and overall long-term strategy in China.
- Gastroesophageal Cancer - Geographic Focus: China - Gastric Cancer - China In-Depth (China)
- Gastric Cancer - China In-Depth (China)
Author(s): Akash Saini, Ph.D.; Mudasir Khan, M.P.H.
Akash is a manager on the China In-Depth team at Decision Resources Group. Since 2016, he has specialized in market research and competitive intelligence in a range of diseases in diverse therapeutic areas, including gastric cancer, non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC), and rheumatoid arthritis. He has authored various research and analysis reports for the U.S., EU5, and China markets, leveraging primary and secondary market research and real-world evidence.
Prior to joining DRG, Akash was a postdoctoral fellow at the University of Massachusetts Medical School. He holds a Ph.D. from the International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology in New Delhi and an M.Sc. from Jawaharlal Nehru University in New Delhi.
Mudasir works as an associate epidemiologist within the epidemiology team at Decision Resources Group. He specializes in developing epidemiological forecasts for multiple indications within the DRG syndicated portfolio.
Mudasir holds a masters in public health specializing in epidemiology from TISS, Mumbai.